Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay73

Signing into CTV Shows that require sign in

Has anyone successfully signed in with CTV?  I followed all the prompts and get the death circle that never quits. Seems ROKU passes us onto CTV and they pass us back. 

I am truly looking for solutions. Has anybody done this successfully and gotten all the shows?  I can get it on my iPad just not on the TV. I am new to Roku. Maybe they just don’t have full access to CTV despite advertising they do. If not I will have to discontinue my ROKU and go to a provider that can provide CTV as almost all the shows we are looking for are on CTV

Any help someone who has successfully done this can give would be greatly appreciate it

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Signing into CTV Shows that require sign in

Hi @Kay73,

A warm greeting to the Roku Community!

It seems you're having playback, affecting your accessibility with the CTV channel. We're more than glad to assist you with this. Let's try to follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this.

1. Remove the affected CTV channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the CTV channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After performing these steps, kindly reaccess the channel to see if the issue persists.

Please let us know how it works, and we'll further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tyson01
Reel Rookie

I did ALL that...and NOTHING !! Keeps telling me to contact my service provider which I do not have as I only use ROKU now which is supposed to be FREE !!I cannot get "LIVE STREAM" working just like ALL the other people here are having the same problem !! Why won't you people just make it eaiser to get this "CTV" working or give it up !!Not happy with ...it's free ...bull **bleep** !! Why don't YOU try doing what YOU said to do on someones computer in someones home other than in the CTV office and see what happens ! FREE....yep , sorry ,try again !!!!

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Roku itself is free, as is The Roku Channel and many other channels on the Roku platform.  However, other channels are not free.  Some have a direct subscription model and some like CTV say: "TV Service Provider Sign-In required."

If you want to stay strictly free, you just avoid those particular channels.  Roku can not cause non-free channels to become free.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Tyson01
Reel Rookie

I have been trying for a week now,no luck! Not sure what they want,how they want it or anything else ? They say it's "free"...hahaha on us ! CTV can take there show's and put it where the sun does not shine...I had enough with this **bleep** ! There's a lot of other shows on for free without the hassle ....

0 Kudos
Tyson01
Reel Rookie

Where do u "sign in " at ???? This does not work and if it's not free,don't say it's FREE !!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tyson01, read @Strega2 's reply again.  Not everything on Roku is free.  Show us anything that specifically says CTV is free on Roku devices.  Roku is not a service provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos