Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

@StevenCee wrote:

@AvsGunnarWhat do you mean by saying it's muted by default in the player window? What are you referring to as the "player window"?  Thanks..

@StevenCee 

In a webpage where there is an embedded video, it is nested in an "element/window". (basically, it is an HTML section that contains the frame for the video and then settings/commands for what video controls are available to the end user/viewer of the webpage.) 

It is proper web etiquette to generally not have videos auto-play or the volume on when someone visits your webpage.

I was just remarking that on their website, Roku seems to acknowledge how annoying this commercial would be if it played at full volume every time someone went to their home page, so they set this element (the player window for the ad) to be muted.  Visitor has to manually unmute the ad on the webpage.

----

This is just a bad ad.  I would first slap the milk carton out of this kid's hand, tell him to stop acting like an animal by drinking from the carton and wipe his mouth, clean the milk off the floor, and stop yelling in the house.  Then I would make him go find the missing remote.  

Perhaps I was raised differently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

BT27
Reel Rookie

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

How long will it take to cancel the screaming commercial & get another one put in its place!?  Any of us complaining about it will be more than happy to help. 

BT27
Reel Rookie

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

Yes - take that commercial off the sit and apologize. 😐

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

This advertising campaign is so upsetting. I turn on the TV for relaxation and entertainment. This commercial gives me anxiety. Please cut your losses. This campaign is distressing at best. 

I will not be spending any more money on Roku products, ever. Between this ad and the FGTeeV ad (which is also nothing but constant loud screaming), in addition to all the other horrible, overplayed spots that people have been complaining about online for years, I just can't handle it. Next time I'll do more research. What an awful company, lol

Totally & completely agree.  Who in their right mind would approve such obnoxious content!!??  For that matter what kind of mind is that would even conceptualize something like these ads and actually feel that they would stimulate anything other than 'MUTE' or a switch to another content provider???

Kublaikhan
Channel Surfer

I've decided to go back to YouTube.

mitzimansfield
Reel Rookie

I also came here to complain about it, Im already watching Roku TV and getting screamed at! I don't even see how the ad makes sense, they scream at each other because they don't have a Roku TV? I have to literally carry the remote in case it comes on, if I'm not right at the TV, so I can mute it. And yes, some people with PTSD and similar issues are severely triggered by sudden screaming or loud noises. I get that advertisers think that if they shout at us, we notice their ads, and we'll buy their stuff. But no, I already have the TV, and making me hate something won't make me buy it anyway. On the Ghost Hunters channel, this nonsensical commercial is often followed by another with some guy playing video games and screaming, is this the 2020s trend? People screaming for no reason in ads? 

mitzimansfield
Reel Rookie

Pluto has some annoying ads as well, but I'll watch some of these shows on Pluto until they dump this ad with two jerks screaming at each other about buying a TV. I've already seen it 4-5 times today. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.