Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rusmith59

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

I agree! Please find a better advertisement!

goharley

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

Surely Roku is not getting people to buy their tv’s with the screaming annoying ads ..I have used Roku for 8 years and I am starting to not to add other streaming shows through my roku app..that way I don’t have to put up with their terrible ads..

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

@andyrossWhat do you mean Roku doesn't control what ads are shown, even on the Roku Channel? It's their channel, and the ads are for Roku TVs (I guess, since I never see it past the first few seconds), so why would anyone that's not Roku place them? And all the other obnoxious, over-played ads we see, are also for either Roku products, or Roku programming. So it's definitely on Roku, as to what ads, and when & where they're shown. It's bad enough they're almost always louder than the shows (extra annoying, late at night), but the narrator &/or actors almost always are shouting. Can ads not ever have actors speaking in a normal tone of voice? I know if I had no way to either change channels or mute the screen, soon as the commercials hit,  I'd have given up long ago.

Morilen

Screaming commercial convinced me to never buy a Roku TV since then I would see more **bleep** like it. Thanks. 

Danny12

Get rid of screaming commercial

Commercial is awful to listen to, awful actors, your audience is made up of elderly, people who can't easily change channels, this ad is triggering and makes you wonder if Roku is run by immature people.  Reminds me of the commercial from Scrooged where it actually gave people heart attacks.

Stop please.

Belleisimo

Totally agree these commercials are offensive and counter productive for what they are suppose to accomplish! Instead of wanting to buy a Roku TV it would be better to find a different product if these commercials continue. 

ohiogurl62
Reel Rookie

I came here to say the same thing! Watching TV is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. Who in their right mind enjoys screaming? No one ever anywhere is the answer. Dumbest commercial idea ever! Please make it stop!

ohiogurl62
Reel Rookie

Watching TV is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. Who in their right mind enjoys screaming? No one ever anywhere is the answer. Dumbest commercial idea ever! Please make it stop!

Psalm
Reel Rookie

The commercial with screaming is upsetting for my little girl as well as me. It’s horrible .  I hope it’s removed soon 

SnoB

Whenever these commercials come on I immediately mute the sound. I despise these commercials and you can't skip them. Please, please, for the love of all that is good, take these commercials down.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.