Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulCraft
Reel Rookie

Roku turning on and off by itself

My Hisense 50 in Roku TV was working fine today, but all of a sudden now my TV is turning on and off by itself. I tried moving it around to all my apartment and still doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku turning on and off by itself

Hi @PaulCraft,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku TV. We will be more than happy to look further into the issue that you're experiencing. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more details.

• How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulCraft
Reel Rookie

• I can’t even do anything with the tv. As soon as I plug in the tv, the Hisense screen will appear, then it will turn off and on. I tried pressing the reset button on the side of the tv, and I tried plugging it in different outlets throughout my living room 
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PaulCraft,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you providing the additional information, and we're sorry to hear about this experience. This seems to be a hardware issue that the TV manufacturer's support can address. You can reach out to Hisense directly since Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support with their TV models.

Reach Hisesne at Hisense Support or at 1-888-935-8880.

We hope for the best for you.

Regards,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulCraft
Reel Rookie

They aren’t doing anything about it because this tv was purchased a few years ago and the warranty only lasts one year. Maybe Roku and Hisense should stand behind their products and provide a better warranty

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

@PaulCraft 

The TV product is not reliable in performance because its parts are ordinary components made outside the US and if you rely only on one year warranty, then you have to spend more on repairs because the electronic parts are easily fatigue and replacing it  is the remedy. When you bought it you must have four years additional warranty for future protections. ( Mostly we don't like it though ).

Most likely the power source circuit is bad and Tv technician will fix it with an amount bigger than you buy a new one. 

0 Kudos