Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigAL108
Channel Surfer

Roku streambar YouTube TV and Netflix

My Roku streambar (small) fails to show YouTubeTV home screen without getting all scrambled looking. Also, Netflix audio crackles when starting a show and sometimes freezes when trying to resume play after pause. I have already checked for updates for streambar and apps. Already removed and reinstalled both apps. No changes. Please help. Note problem does not happen when I disconnect streambar and hook up my old 4k Roku streaming device. I have gigabit Ethernet with no issues. Again any ideas?

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streambar YouTube TV and Netflix

Hi @BigAL108,

Thank you for reaching us. We understand that you're having issues with your device.
Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigAL108
Channel Surfer

My Roku streambar info.

Model 9102R Serial#YL004R168196

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID 2A1284168196

My TV LG 65 inch G series OLED

Info after YouTubeTV home screen scrambling:

GC version 10.5.39

Timestamp 2024-91-12T 15:05:02Z

ID 96-016-745

Cracking audio only on Netflix, info:

ID 96-017-903

Problem with Netflix freezing after resuming from pause: I can't recreate this issue since 12.5.5 upgrade. But all other issues including YouTubeTV still happen.

0 Kudos
BigAL108
Channel Surfer

1000000502.jpg

My Scrambled YouTubeTV.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @BigAL108.

We appreciate this informative observation. No worries; we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Ted274
Channel Surfer

Having same issue with roku streambar pro on YouTube TV.  continually distorted when scrolling home page, and sometimes when going into a show from home tab. Most of the time now, I  can't even seen multi view options anymore. I tried removing the app, restarting, and reinstalling YouTube tv app.  all roku is up to date.  live tv and library tabs work fine.  this was working fine a few weeks ago.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ted274,

The Roku Community extends its greetings and appreciates your updates!
We want to investigate further this issue that you're having with the YouTube TV that is happening on your Roku streambar pro. Could you provide us with a photo of your running problem? Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?

We'll wait for your response.

Many thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Ted274
Channel Surfer

IMG_1693.jpeg

It actually fails to scroll, puts me back on the previous channel with artifacting 

IMG_1695.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ted274,

Thank you for the additional information!

Can you please provide the following information that @RokuJanadeeK asked for above? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Ted274
Channel Surfer

this is the only channel I'm having issues with. I have a lot of other streaming channels, but no issue. I also removed a couple streaming apps, in case there was a memory issue with the roku. this is a new problem, wasn't happening when I installed the Roku streambar pro in December 2023.  feel free to reach out to me directly if you need further info.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.