Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandonHaag
Binge Watcher

Re: Why won't Roku allow Vidangel to be a certified channel?

Jump to solution

@Kreigar wrote:

What's more telling is the crystal-clear message Roku is sending this community that...

they   simply   don't   care.

Someone, somewhere should be paying attention to the amount of goodwill that Roku has accumulated with customers over the last decade or so -- quickly evaporating day by day as this lack of response from Roku drags on.  Smiley Sad

Brandon.

BrandonHaag
Binge Watcher

Re: Why won't Roku allow Vidangel to be a certified channel?

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

Yes, this is a user forum, not tech support. The moderators to attempt to assist, but they are not tech support. Often user to user interaction can resolve many problems. However, this isn't one of them.

It is very interesting, then, that when you call Roku "support" they refer customers to this forum. Smiley Sad

Brandon.

Kenporon
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku is disallowing Vidangel!?

Jump to solution

If Roku isn’t watching this forum, and seeing how there customers requests are effecting there bottom line, then they have no desire to keep customers, It really makes no logical sense, Vidangel is a win win for both viewers, film and tv producers, and Roku, I can only speak for myself, but I will not watch any movies or tv shows that use Jesus Christ or God’s name in vain, or as a common and derogatory word period!! I WILL NOT WATCH if I am subjected to hearing that!! If I’m saying this, thousands more are doing the same, so if you will not allow us to filter it out then you are cutting your customer base, please tell how that benefits you bottom line. It doesn’t!!

Kenporon
Channel Surfer

Roku Please Keep Vidangel

Jump to solution

If Roku isn’t watching this forum, and seeing how there customers requests are effecting there bottom line, then they have no desire to keep customers, It really makes no logical sense, Vidangel is a win win for both viewers, film and tv producers, and Roku, I can only speak for myself, but I will not watch any movies or tv shows that use Jesus Christ or God’s name in vain, or as a common and derogatory word period!! I WILL NOT WATCH if I am subjected to hearing that!! If I’m saying this, thousands more are doing the same, so if you will not allow us to filter it out, then you are cutting your customer base, please tell how that benefits your bottom line. It doesn’t!! My Question is Why?

secowden

Re: Roku no longer supporting VidAngel

Jump to solution

Not the trash. Sell them online super cheap. They will not only lose a customer, but they will also lose 3 new sales.

secowden

Jump to solution

I also have 4 Roku devices. Will be selling them real cheap and moving to AppleTV. They have a Vidangel app in their store. Apparently their lawyers are not as nervous as those at Roku.

AngryAnchovy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@secowden wrote:

Not the trash. Sell them online super cheap. They will not only lose a customer, but they will also lose 3 new sales.

LOVE THIS COMMENT!!!

THIS BROUGHT A SMILE TO MY FACE.

😁😄😀😉

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ALL SHOULD DO!!!

Pablo72

Jump to solution

I have 4 Roku devices.  I love Roku, but I’m so disappointed that Roku is not allowing Vidangel as an official channel.  Vidangel is the Roku app that I use the most.

Roku — please reconsider.  I don’t want to go back to appleTV just so I can use Vidangel.

thedeberts

Jump to solution

I’ve tried to find Roku’s customer service email, but it’s starting to feel like they don’t want to share it with me. So I guess I’ll just do it here?

Dear Roku, I think it’s time we see other people. It’s not me, it’s you. Your not the same service you were when we started. You’ve changed. You used to be a place where I could go to watch whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Now you seem to think  that freedom we shared is inconvenient?  Canceling VidAngel hurts my heart and we can’t go on like that. VidAngel is a really big part of our relationship and turning your back on it feels like you’re turning your back on me. Oh, I admit it, I’ve been shopping Amazon for a Fire Stick. They understand my needs and they still care about VidAngel. I’m not sure what you expected from me. You practically pushed me and Amazon together. You know what?  Let’s just not. You really confuse me Roku. You’re censoring my channel selection by canceling an app that is literally built to censor content. Shouldn’t you support that effort?!?  Forget it. Please don’t call or text me anymore. 

kj7ym
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dear Roku, 

So what is the truth? Do I need to retire both of my ROKU devices and replace them with new hardware, or is something in the works for VidAngel as a channel.

Although we will start right away to go to a new platform, it would be a bummer to make this change just to find out that it was just a temporary glitch. My family has gotten very used to the Roku interface and I dont look forward to the change, but will need to move quickly to another platform if the rumors are true.

Please Let us know. Because we need to start researching and shopping right away it the 23rd is really the end of Roku in our home.