Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwajda
Channel Surfer

Roku no audio with Sling OTA channels

Issue appeared within last week, am not getting any audio OTAs but video fine. Did all t/s steps: reset roku, new roku, reset airtv2, new hdmi, new antenna. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku no audio with Sling OTA channels

Hi @dwajda

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
larry_nesheim
Reel Rookie

I also have this same problem (video but no audio) on some of my OTA stations.  Problem started on 04/30/2023.  I am using an AirTV box that is ethernet connected to my wireless router.  AirTV box was removed from network, then reconnected and set up with the Sling App - same problem.  (This was done multiple times.)  Wireless router was reset - no change to problem.  All of my OTA stations have audio and video on my ROKU enabled TCL smart TV.  On my TV's connected to Roku devices (Express and Premier+ models) all of my OTA stations have video but some do not have audio.  I have updated the ROKU software and reset ROKU devices.  Still have the same problem.

dwajda
Channel Surfer

As of 1:30pm EST 5/2/23, Sling said "....Yes I was able to check it here and there seems to be report about this and our engineering team is already aware and fixing the issue."  We'll see if & when they fix. 

dwajda
Channel Surfer

Update: 5/5/23, definitely Sling AirTV2 issue with OTA audio. I broke down and purchased a TABLO. Reconnected OTA antenna to TABLO, ethernet cable and hard drive and downloaded TABLO app to ROKU. No issues with signal whatsoever. So handshake issue between OTA signal, AIRTV2 and ROKU lies with Sling. Unsat!

sgamer

I believe I  have the same or similar problem.  Nearly every time I open a Sling OTA channel via AirTV there is no audio.  So then I close the OTA channel in question and reopen it which usually, if not always, produces audio.  It's also repeatable because my wife thought I meant exit the Sling app and reopen it which doesn't work.  This just started in the past week or two.  Since it happens so often and is repeatable it should be fixed by now.

Nmashe1
Channel Surfer

5/8/23

Same problem here:

AirTV2, Multiple Roku Devices: 2x Roku Stick 4K, 2x Roku Ultra+. All the same problem, no audio on OTA channels. All hardwired via Ethernet on 1GB fiber connection. (and yes you can hardwire the sticks, you just have to use app as remote) 

I've done all the update checking, router resetting, remove and added Sling channel on Roku.

It's getting annoying, but here's a quick work around I found:

When you open an OTA Channel that's missing audio, press down arrow on the remote and then select a recent channel that is not OTA. Once loaded, then hit down arrow again and reselect the OTA channel you were just on. When you go back, it should have audio. 

brutus2
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with Roku, no audio with sling OTA channels. This is definitely an issue on Roku's end because I don't have this problem on my Fire stick TV or my android tablet that get there signal from the same AIR TV and router. I have reloaded Roku and Sling apps and loaded all the recent updates and still no audio. If Roku's technical department can't fix this issue I'll be buying Fire sticks to replace all my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users, 

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If you are still experiencing an issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

larry_nesheim
Reel Rookie

Thanks to those that provided work arounds.  Not sure if removing Sling from ROKU and then reinstalling it will work.  Looks like someone has tried it without success.  I don't think it is a Sling issue because I don't have the problem on my TCL smart TV or on my phone with the Sling App.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.