Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

@DrJackn7, would you press the maker of your computer to fix an app that doesn't work right?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@DrJackn7-

Are you also complaining to your TV manufacturer about problems with Prime, AMC+ and other channel apps received by Roku and relayed to the TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

If you computer was the cause of the app not working, yes. Chuck

0 Kudos
CB07

My experience is that the longer I sit in the "My Stuff" category the AMC+ App will toggle the screen back and forth between the items I've saved and no items. Weird?

DeKaSc

I hope somebody associated with Roku will read this. I may need to repost with support. I own a Roku Ultra. The model is 4660RW. The software version is 12.5.5 - build 4174-46. Some apps do not include the option to be removed when you press the " * " button. AMC+ happens to be one of them. You can log out of your account on the AMC+ app; turn the Roku device off for a few minutes. Turn it back on, enter the app, and insert your login info. When you add items to "My Favorites", exit AMC+, re-enter, and select "My Favorites" the section will once again be blank. To me, this seems like a Roku programming error in the cache portion of the its OS where it applies to AMC+.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chuckbear,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CB07 @DeKaSc,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're having with the AMC+ channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheHumpingNinja
Reel Rookie

I've also been having the same issue for 4 or 5 months, now. It seems the only way to fix the issue is entering the power settings and restarting the Roku device. I just tried it myself and it seems the AMC+ app is working as it should, for now. I will respond and keep all others posted who maybe having the same issue. Good luck and happy streaming, everyone!

may1960

I have been in contact with AMC about this for a  while and no fix!!  I think Roku & AMC techs need to get together to fix it. Very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
TheHumpingNinja
Reel Rookie

It seems restarting the roku device is only a temporary fix for this issue. As soon as the app refreshes itself all of my saved shows and films disappear again. In addition, it seems this has been an issue on all other platforms as well. However, those issues have been resolved. It appears to be Roku's turn.🤷🏽‍♀️

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.