Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel NOT working at all

I supplied this information previously in this thread as requested by RokuTakashi.  Device ID wasn't requested then and I provided details on the 6 Roku's that all have the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Glennf2,

Thanks for the details provided!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Okay, so I guess I'm not the only one that it's not working for. The remote turns on the tv, the volume buttons work, and THAT'S IT. Nothing else works. Oh, except I just got charged for the service. It was working fine a week ago. Why can I not get an agent on the phone to talk me through this? It's like "talk to the hand" after I pay my bill. Hello? Anybody there?

docmorgan
Channel Surfer

To :  RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator

Hello, I'm having the same problem and this is all Enunicel wrote back to me.
Nothing more. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bluejacket472, you have a completely different problem than what this thread is referring to.  It sounds like your Roku device isn't even powered on or it's in a power saving mode.  The power and volume buttons on the remote affect only the TV and work completely separate from the other buttons.  Try disconnection the power from the Roku device and reconnect it.  Start a new topic if that doesn't fix it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Glennf2
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey 

It has been a week since being told that my information was passed on for further action towards resolution.  Since then the only change I've observed is in the appearance of the Roku Channel intro screens.  The same problem exists with the new screens and selecting play only results in returning to the intro screen.

I have found no there streaming app, live or on demand, that has an issue with playback.  If the issue isn't soon resolved, I'll be cancelling my subscriptions to Up Faith & Family and Hallmark Movies Now.  We have discovered that we get along fine using Roku Express for services other than those available through the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
bluejacket472
Channel Surfer

Why is it there is no tech support, and I have to "start a thread" and wait for assistance? I'm getting used to watching movies on my phone and desktop. I'll probably cancel this lemon on my day off tomorrow.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Glennf2,

Thanks for the post!

Given that we have already received information and specifics relevant to this issue. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to read this, and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you. This problem is currently being worked on by our team, and perhaps we will have a solution soon.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings, @bluejacket472!

We'd like to know more about the issue you're running into and see how we can get you up and running.

Could you tell us more about this? Are you seeing an error message?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to further zoom in on

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RNACALVAR
Reel Rookie

Hi, I am having the same issues with Roku not streaming any of its channels for the last 2 weeks.

I tried everything suggested. No change.

Here is my info

.Model 3600X Roku Stick

Serial # 5S674U206873

Issue ID 73-300-261

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.