Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Won't Authenticate Any of My U-Verse Channel Apps

I've been testing out channel apps. I DO get all the NBC live streaming and, of course, Pluto, Tubi, my Hulu, Netflix and Paramount+. I do not get anything else I've tried. I go to log in, do the whole code process and get the channel is not part of my package or not authorized. Why would all the NBC channels work live but nothing else? 

BigSimNotLittle
Channel Surfer

Like it states on my phone I’m good to go but the scre IMG_0070.pngen says “oh no” 😭😭

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

Yes! Mine too! And some won't even let me try after that. Oh! I just asked my sister. She uses uverse and gets the same thing. It's not part of her package when it is. I'm tired of uverse and Roku bouncing me back and forth between them. Both say it's the other.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sunflower68,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with the U-verse channel.
In order to resolve this, it's best to reach out directly to the Channel provider's support to get the channel going on your Roku, as they can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigSimNotLittle
Channel Surfer

It’s UVerse and Roku…

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BigSimNotLittle,

Thanks for the response!

Please be advised that the U-verse channel is no longer available on Roku. You'll want to contact the channel's support directly to inquire further about that channel's features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Also, you can view why a channel may be removed here.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bfreer

0 Kudos
bfreer

Roku, the issue with with apps for channels like the CNN app. If I sign out of the CNN app, I can get a 10 minute of CNN preview. However, when I sign into the roku CNN app with my Uverse login, it no longer works. It has worked for several years in the past, but it has not worked yesterday and today.  Also, when I go to cnn.com/activate, enter the code, and login via my Uverse account, it says my login is successful. So, I'm able to log into CNN with my Uverse account, but the Roku CNN app will not work if I'm signed in with my Uverse account.  Roku, please do not reply saying there is no Uverse channel. We all understand this and it is not actually the issue we are having. We having issues with the apps like CNN (using a U-verse account login, which has always been available).

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

THANK YOU!!! Yep. I have been told by Roku that it's a uverse issue. I've been having trouble getting a human being at ATT. Mine started yesterday, too, the 19th. My sister lost her live streaming, too. Also, I discovered I can watch shows on demand on an app (like I just watched the current OutDaughtered on TLC but no live streaming. I DO get all the NBC networks live. We all need to bombard ATT. This has to get resolved. I like streaming and using my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

I have tried getting in touch with ATT. I can't get a human. I can't get into the forums and the chat is robot. If this is a U-verse issue, then how am I suppose to get them directly? Have any of you contacted them?

0 Kudos