Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissJaneWA
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV local channel apps (AUSTRALIA)

Hi @renojim I can access Stan and CH 9 Now, but that's all. I can't access ABC's iView, SBS On Demand, 7Plus, 10play etc.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MissJaneWA, I suspect you can't find them because they haven't created Roku apps.  Looking at the SBS On Demand website, they don't mention anything about any streaming device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Arobbo
Reel Rookie

7plus now installs on my Roku tv

0 Kudos
hayzee56
Reel Rookie

I just bought my Roku TV from Kogan. I can find the Stan app for Roku tv in Google. I click on the link I find and up comes a Roku channels page but I'm logged out. I then login and then can't find the app or any other Australian streaming app, free of subscribed. My remote has a quick access button with Stan written on it.

I also can't find the apps on the tv either. I did install Paramount via the Roku web site store. When I went to use it, it lets me login and then tells me I'm in the wrong region. I wasn't aware that the apps themselves were geo blocked, only the ability to watch the content.

Paramount+ has no problem working on my Chromecast with Google TV.

The phone number to ring Kogan for support seems to be dead all the time.

If someone could say how Australian region apps/channels can be installed in Australia, would be a great help.

Thank you.

hayzee56
Reel Rookie

How/where did you find the 7plus app/channel to install in the first place?

My remote has a Stan button. I can find Stan in the Roku channel store online, but when I log in, it disappears.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@hayzee56, it sounds like your Roku account isn't associated with Australia.  If you created it outside of the country or were using a VPN when you created it, that could explain it, but it also seems awfully easy to confuse Roku's websites.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account in Australia, factory reset your Roku device, and link it to the new account.  You may want to clear your browser cookies before you create your new account or use a private/incognito browser window to ensure there's not any information stored by your browser that could confuse the website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kimharvie
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.. I hope that it gets solved

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @kimharvie.

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to help you find the best resolution for this. 

In addition to the information provided by our Roku Streaming expert, please ensure that the email associated with your Roku account is an Australian email.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kimharvie
Reel Rookie

Hi Carly..I ended up buying a new (non Telstra self destruct)  Roku set top box much more compact than the original,  a bonus in itself and have connected it it's all good and working as it should (beautifully as do all Roku devices.) It is a little upsetting that an Australian Telco can decide to kill/nuke/disable  something that we had to purchase in the first place and therefore own it but I guess big companies do deals with each other. Anyway it was probably time for an upgrade..even if the other was working perfectly well on a different network. Thanks for your kindness and help

MissJaneWA
Reel Rookie

Hi Carly 

Does that mean I sshould be able to access all of the Australian Free to Air TV streaming channels?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.