Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blugill
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick Updated DirecTV app Goes to Black

Jump to solution

I can watch any app just fine. DirecTV's just started doing this. I select it, it goes to black. I did all the stuff with the unplugging and the reinstalling. Twice just to be sure. 

I select the app, it goes to black. 

Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick Updated DirecTV app Goes to Black

Jump to solution

Hi @Blugill,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out!

It appears that you are having trouble with the playback of the DirecTV channel. In order to isolate it, we would like to find out additional information.

Try exploring the channel tile, clicking the * symbol on your remote, and then selecting Check for Updates to see if the app has been updated.

Furthermore, our support page offers further troubleshooting, which may be found here: How to fix a problem with channel playback

Or let us know if this has been performed so that we can move forward.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Blugill,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out!

It appears that you are having trouble with the playback of the DirecTV channel. In order to isolate it, we would like to find out additional information.

Try exploring the channel tile, clicking the * symbol on your remote, and then selecting Check for Updates to see if the app has been updated.

Furthermore, our support page offers further troubleshooting, which may be found here: How to fix a problem with channel playback

Or let us know if this has been performed so that we can move forward.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blugill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s fully updated.

Everything is fully updated. Removed, reinstalled, unplugged, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Blugill,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Could you tell us if there's an error message you're seeing or if it's like a total black screen you're seeing? In addition, if you have a mobile hotspot, we can try to connect your device to it and then try again to see if that helps.

If the problem persists, please report it back here along with the details below so that we can further look into it.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version (highlight the channel tile, press the * sign button on your remote, then provide the version)

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slhwilson

Jump to solution

Hi, I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved because I am having the same problem. I’ve tried resetting, uninstalling, unplugging and reconnecting. Can you share what the resolution was? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Slhwilson,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We wanted to learn more about this playback issue you're experiencing with the DirecTV channel. It seems that the troubleshooting didn't work here either. 

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • What Roku device model or TV you're having an issue with.

For additional troubleshooting, you can visit our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.