Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasEveryman
Reel Rookie

Roku Dropped HULU X-Files Seasons

Jump to solution

I was watching an X-Files episode in season three.  I stopped streaming and when I tried to go back to the episode, seasons 1 and 2 were gone.  I checked on HULU, and all seasons are still there.  Why did Roku drop seasons 2 and 3 of X-files?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Dropped HULU X-Files Seasons

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasEveryman 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach Hulu Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

How are you watching? Are you using Hulu directly, or running Hulu through the Roku Channel? If through Roku Channel, it is yet another reason to NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party. Subscribe directly on the service's WEB SITE, then you have full control and usage on any supported device.

I'm not certain how using a service through Roku Channel works, but I assume they have some database that directs a selected show to a particular service. That database may not be correct. There were multiple posts about a show called "The Repair Shop" that Roku Channel said was available on Discovery+, but was actually no longer available.

0 Kudos
TexasEveryman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If I remember correctly, I subscribed to HULU through Roku.  Logged in to hulu.com to get the access code thingy and entered the code via Roku.

But I still don't know why Roku dropped the seasons or if they will come back somehow.  This is one reason to drop Roku altogether.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasEveryman 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach Hulu Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos