Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samlaundon
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel will not play videos - in Mexico

Jump to solution

About a month ago the Roku Channel stopped playing videos. I am in Mexico. Could that be the issue? I have restarted the roku, deleted and reinstalled the roku channel. Nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel will not play videos - in Mexico

Jump to solution

@samlaundon

Thanks for the reply. 

We have conducted a thorough examination of the issue and it appears that the system still recognizes your Roku device as linked to an account in a different region. To resolve this, have you already created a new Roku account in your region? To ensure the process is successful, please factory reset your device and follow the steps to link it to your new account. 

If no success, for account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Account & Billing team. You can contact them here. Then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Regards,
Nimfa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @samlaundon,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The Roku Channel is available in Mexico on Roku streaming devices only. Kindly walk us through the issue you are experiencing. Where are you trying to access the channel? Do you receive an error message or code? What happen when you tried to access the channel? What else troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details so we can best assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
samlaundon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Roku Channel stopped playing about a month ago. 

When I press play, it just reloads without playing the video. I have deleted the channel and reinstalled. I restarted the Roku, but I get the same results. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@samlaundon
Thanks for the response.

Could you try to uninstall again the channel and restart the Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. This is the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install). We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart. If you still see the same result, you run a quick update on your Roku by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Restart your Roku and try again.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
samlaundon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I followed the "the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install)". Channel still does not work. When I click on play, it just reloads a shows "play" again.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @samlaundon,

Thanks for the posts.

It seems that you have a Roku account that is not in your current area. If channels in your region are not available, it could be because your device is linked to an account made in a different region where the channel provider does not offer that channel. When making an account, ensure that you are using an internet connection in the correct region. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.co - If you see an issue, contact your ISP to assist resolve it.

We recommend that you create a new Roku account in your region. Visit our Support page for more information on how to establish a new account: How to create a Roku account | Official Roku Support. After you've created your new account, consider doing a factory reset on your device and linking it to your new account. Visit our Support page for more information on how to execute a factory reset: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
samlaundon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was told earlier in this thread that the Roku Channel would work in Mexico. 

It did work up to about a month ago. Now it no longer works. There has been no change in the IP address.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@samlaundon
Thanks for the response. 
We'd like to look into this further. Could you provide the serial number of your Roku device? To get this, go to Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye on your update. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
samlaundon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Streambar serial number YL00D8366308

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @samlaundon,

Thanks for keeping in touch and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Have you tried the steps that @RokuLianna posted previously to see if that resolves the issue? The system recognized that your Roku account is set under a different region. In addition for clarification, does this happen on all movies/shows on the Roku Channel or just specific titles?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos