Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel problem - July 2023

Hi @Reds-Fan,

We are happy to have you join the Roku Community!

We are grateful that you have informed us about this, and we would be interested in taking a closer look at it.

Could you elaborate a little bit more on this for us? How are you getting MLBTV? Is it directly through a channel that stands alone or through premium subscriptions on the Roku Channel? In the process of resolving this issue, what measures have you taken so far to troubleshoot it?

Once we have gained a deeper understanding of this issue, we will be able to make a compelling recommendation to you regarding how to proceed.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reds-Fan
Reel Rookie

I have MLB listed on my Roku Home. I subscribe yearly from MLBTv directly from them. There is nothing that I can do to troubleshoot this. I simply have to select the power button on the Roku remote which will stop the buffering and return me to the Roku Home page that lists all my streaming choices. I then re-select the MLB and it returns me to the game. This is now beginning to start buffering every 4 or 5 minutes.

Like I previously described, MLBTv had issues with their streaming when they first started. That was 10 years ago or so. They never had any issues since this past 2 weeks. They have not yet re-contacted me.

I am assuming that you understand what buffering is. If not ... the picture turns black with a rotating baseball in the middle of the screen. After about 5 minutes this screen turns to a popup with a selection button stating that there has been a connection error and to choose the button to return to the Home Roku page. Like I previously said, the connection error is not on my end as I can then quickly choose another stream choice that operates with no interruption. I then have to assume that it is a MLB problem or a Roku problem with the MLB. Perhaps the MLB connection from Roku has problems. I am not an IT. Please have your IT look at this.

Thanks, Red

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Reds-Fan,

Thanks for following up!

If the problem is isolated to the channel itself, this is a strong sign that the problem is most likely rooted within the channel itself and that the channel publisher will need to release an update in order to rectify the situation and fix the problem. We do not directly develop any channels. They are developed by the service provider themselves, and any problems that may be encountered must be reported directly to them in order to be addressed.

We are grateful that you have taken the time to inform us of this, and we will make it a point to communicate the nature of the problem that you are experiencing to the person who is responsible for developing the channel.

We'd recommend continuing to follow up with them about their channel on the Roku platform for further news and status updates.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.