Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channel has some playback errors on fire stick

I've gone through a bunch of the threads about this going back roughly 2 years, have seen many replies from @RokuAnjelie @RokuJechealR @RokuCarly and even a couple threads marked "solved"... yet none of them seem to contain any actual solution. 

I was trying to watch a show using an Amazon Firestick but kept getting a playback error, so I did the whole delete->restart->reinstall app method. Still got the playback error.

I wondered if Roku no longer licensed the show, but I checked the app on Android and the show played without issue. Tried to use the android app to get it to play on my Firestick, but the app can't find any other device despite them being on the same wi-fi network 

I thought it might be an issue strictly affecting playback on Firestick, so I tried playing some other titles and the majority played without issue - I literally have The Matrix playing as I type this.

Are these Firestick playback errors actually going to be resolved or should I just give up on using the Roku Channel?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel has some playback errors on fire stick

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MyStupidFace!

Thanks for informing us about this. Rest assured that we'll share this with the team for review.

In order to narrow down the cause of the issue, kindly provide us with additional details such as follows:

• What specific error messages are being prompted? 
  • Are all of the content available on The Roku Channel affected by this? If not, what specific content are you having this issue with?
  • Were you able to access any content inside The Roku Channel at all?

In the meantime, we appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot this app. We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.