Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For users who haven't already, if you are experiencing the issue on The Roku Channel, an you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • where are you currently located
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gayewithane
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Danny

I got it to work by using a different email. Thanks for your time and effort. Rosalyn

0 Kudos
Jakdad

Jump to solution

Same problem on my new tv.

My 43" TCL tv won't stream roku content. Tried all the reset(S), tried uninstalling & re-installing the app, tried tech support, still nothing. Will stream other apps like Pluto, fawesome, etc. Any ideas ? Thanks

0 Kudos
goldiegirl

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Unable to get any Roku channel to play.  I have tried all solutions, but nothing works.

Model 3920RW - Roku Premiere

Serial YH00N6997862

Software 11.5.0 

( JF28N6997862 )

Issue ID  62-509-498

0 Kudos
Lamis

Jump to solution

Hello, I have the same problem are the Original Post and removing the channel, then restarting, then reading the channel does not solve the problem.

Basically after I click play on the summary page the screen flashes black and comes to the info oage. Only Roku channel has this problem.

Issue ID is 07-514-096. The rest of the info is below

Model 55S04. TCL 43 inch LED TV Roku

Hardware id YN0p2T076507

SW 11.5.0 build 4312-30

Device I'd 9T6832076507

Roku Channel Version 8.0 build 72

Help.please!

0 Kudos
PSBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening on my Roku Ultra. 

Removed Roku Channel and added it back. 

Restarted device. 

Rebooted router. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PSBill, I kind of doubt it will make a difference, but when you remove a channel/app and add it again you must restart your Roku device before you add it again or you haven't accomplished anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PSBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@renojim 

Thank you. I'll make sure to follow those steps. You're right. It didn't help.  

0 Kudos
PSBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure but I think I figured out how to fix this. At least it worked for my issue.

It had to do with VPN. Not sure why but when I turned off VPN, the Roku channel started playing programming. 

0 Kudos
Cejay50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After much communication with Roku, my internet provider, and having a knowledgeable IT tech person check out my router settings - THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!

In summary:

* TV manufacturer went through with me all possible solutions they have - no change and say it’s not their problem  

* After many emails and a long conversation with Roku and trying all their suggested solutions, they say it is not their problem because of the following…. I can connect to my phone hotspot or another network (have tried 2 others) and then all Roku shows stream fine on my tv. It only has a problem when using my current internet provider. 

* I worked with my current internet provider and they say there is no problem in their system. They want to blame it on my modem or router, even though the problem only happens when I’m linked to their service. I actually found 3 neighbors also using the same internet provider that have the same Roku issue (using different modems and routers).

* When I log into my Roku account on my iPad and try to load an on demand show, when I click play it goes to a message that says “Error 451”, meaning it has been blocked for access to me by government or some business.  Who, why or how that may be is unknown to me.  

IMHO, I assume some upline bandwidth provider changed a setting somewhere that has now blocked shows from playing and no one realizes it or will admit it. 

Bottom line for me: my tv will not play Roku shows unless I change internet providers. My problem started on Election Day Nov 8, 2022 and I’m in Apache Junction AZ  

If anyone figures out any other solution to the problem, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!…. GOOD LUCK!!!