Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Roku Channel. Weird Continue Watching issue.

I am noticing on Roku Channel that the show Ice Road Truckers NEVER shows up on my continue watching.  EVER.  Is there a reason for this or is this some sort of weird glitch?  I keep the show saved in Favorites as the newest addition so it's on the homescreen & I can get to the show easier.  Can this be fixed?  It's just annoying that it never saves the show. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel. Weird Continue Watching issue.

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

May we know if this is the only show or content on the Roku Channel that doesn't show up on your Continue Watching feature? Would a reboot help fix the issue? You can try this by going through Settings > System > Power (skip if the option is not available) > Restart.

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

this does not fix the issue because I have to restart the 2 NEW Rokus devices at least 2x a week because the Max apps makes them freeze up.  You took away our option of letting the app maker know there's an issue by letting us hit the * key while on the app to select an issue so now it's harder to let them know.  But as far as the Roku app, the problem is still there and that one tv show has not appeard in months and months.  Checking for updates, addding & readding the app, restarting - none of that works.  NONE.  

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It also will not save Dublin Zoo into continue watching.  Ever.  I wish Roku would fix this - all tv shows need to work so we can find them easier.  This may as well be Hulu(their UI is crud) 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I delete most of my items in continue watching to see what would happen.  NOTHING is being saved in continue watching that I have watched now! I've tried moves & tv shows not watched before and they do not show up.  I've delted the app & re-added the app and all the things you previously mentioned.  It makes no difference.  I want this problem fixed because I don't want to go into the app & have to look things up all over again because I have to search for it.  Not really interested in using this app until the problem is fixed.  LET ME KNOW WHEN ITS FIXED.  So ticked off right now.  Thanx.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what the current software version of your Roku is? (Settings, system, and about) When did you first notice this issue?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

app is version 9.3 build 10.  model 3941RW2.  sofware version 12.5.0 build 4178-E4.  I bought this and another Roku express this past August.  It seemed to be working up until the past month or two - not sure honestly. 

nothing is going to continue watching anymore.  started noticing an issue with Ice Road Truckers over a month ago, maybe two(not sure).  I deleted half of my continue watching yesterday or the day before & nothing is coming back.  I noticed the show Weeds said 'add back to continue watching' and I added it back but nothing happened.  The same for 'Dr Ken' I have not watched Weeds in 2 years so that was confusing.  The app is just all screwed up IDK how to explain it anymore.  Continue watching barely works is the gist of it.  Very annoying trying to find stuff and keeping it in save list is just not as convenient.  Also, 'two broke girls' is not going to continue watching but it was a few weeks ago so that's weird.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

would the fact my network connection has a 5G and a non 5G connection matter to the continue watching issue?  Sometimes I'll use one or the other when the Max app freezes up or some issue.  You guys really need to add back the report an issue option that we had with the * button on the remote.  Max really really really need to fix their **bleep** app.  Just sayin'

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Here is the info for Roku Channel app from the 'about' button on the main menu:

channel version: 9.3.10 GC 10.4.45

Software version: 12.5.0 4178-E4

Device ID: S0HCK331NXTH

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dragonboots2005,

Thanks for keeping us posted and for this information!

In addition, kindly also share with us a Tracker ID of this case, using your voice remote if you have one, saying "Issue ID" or getting it manually (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos