Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel- Coach poor quality

Roku doesn't own these programs, they are licensed from their owners.  It is likely when you try to view via Roku, Roku just connects you to the servers of whoever owns that content.   Perhaps the programs with these bitrate problems are all licensed from the same source.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
steve12768
Reel Rookie

No, it's not just " old shows" I watch the Rockford Files from 1974 and it does just fine. Coach is from the 90s there was good quality bit rate in the 90s over cable TV. There's no reason for it to be that pixelated.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @steve12768,

Thanks for the posts regarding the Coach series being pixelated during playback when trying to access The Roku Channel.
Please be aware that we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve the issue affecting a subset of customers.
Could you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue or behavior that you see with the channel

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
steve12768
Reel Rookie

So here's your information. But let me tell you that it's a waste of time. It doesn't matter what the model of this Roku device is. We have three of them and it's like them on all three and they're all three different models. Furthermore I watch other shows like The Rockford files and the other shows I watch are fine. When it goes to commercial, the commercials are fine. Roku devices are not having a problem... IT'S THE SHOW.

ID 76-296-549

Roku 4210x Roku 2GC version 9.4.52

Serial 5Y259N108476

Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-04

GC version 9.4.521

pheasant16
Channel Surfer

They are NEVER going past the preprinted playbook. They have heard the same story from everyone and it's always the same drill.  I was told to contact the coach channel. ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!

It's beyond them to believe it can be coming from their side and they most likely don't have that page on their drop down menu therefore it HAS to be on the user side.    BLECH!!!!

Cjdj1278
Streaming Star

I guess none of them actually watch the Roku channel.  There are several threads going on about this. Sooner or later they will fix it.  There was a recent update.  It's probably in that. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @steve12768,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shannonj

This is a Roku company issue as this is happening on other shows like Green Acres and NewsRadio.  Everything was fine up until about 3 weeks ago and now all of these shows are blurry.  If you work for Roku, just open up the Roku Channel and try watching Green Acres season 3 episode 15 you will understand.

0 Kudos
Cjdj1278
Streaming Star

I think there was an update.  I think that is when this all happened.  

0 Kudos
DTL
Reel Rookie

Coach got better for awhile and then back to blurry. Donna Reed also just turned up blurry.

0 Kudos