Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbsmit4

Roku App (Not Channel) disappeared from our Samsung Smart TV.

We have had the Roku App and the Roku Channel on our Samsung smart tv for years working fine.  The app allowed us to watch subscriptions just like the Roku stick/TV does.  Today, the App disappeared and is no longer on the Samsung App Store to download.  The Roku Channel is there, but not the App.  

How do we fix this?  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku App (Not Channel) disappeared from our Samsung Smart TV.

I searched around for a while, and every time I found a page saying how to install a Roku app on a Samsung TV, turned out to be showing how to install a Roku Channel app on a Samsung TV.  It would seem that if a Full Roku app on a Samsung TV ever existed, it would be easy to find pages about it on the Internet, but I didn't find them.  Are you sure you weren't selecting an input to which a Roku device is connected?

0 Kudos
Jtallent

Re: Roku App (Not Channel) disappeared from our Samsung Smart TV.

Yes. This happened to me. My Roku is physically plugged in via HDMI cable. My Roku app disappeared and after troubleshooting the simple solution was to unplug the HDMI from the Roku  then unplug the tv and wait 30 sec. Plug the tv in and let it completely boot up. Then plug the HDMI back in. The tv should access it and then add the Roku app back to your app screen.