Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

Hi @jerameez,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave19086
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with Price Is Right Bob Barker Era. Plays fine until an ad. Then I have to refresh Chrome. Just sits and spins after the ad is over. Then I end up missing a bit of the show which seems to continue without me while I watch a spinning purple circle. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dave19086,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for raising your concern with us. This has already been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Rest assured that our team is doing our best to fix this issue as soon as possible as your satisfaction is essential to us. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
CarlaK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has there been any progress on this issue? It's been over a month since reported. Today, I actually counted. In 3 hours of watching the Rich Eisen show, the screen froze and I got the spinny circle of doom 15 times! Today it happened during the show and during the ads and sometimes twice during ads. A couple times it started to buffer, then corrected itself. I see there is the same problem with other programs as well. 

0 Kudos
jerameez
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's still happening to many as well, and the same with Rich the last few days with the buffering then jumping in sometimes in mid sentence. Still no progress, and they will just hope we fade away. Not sure what else to do. Like elevated this ticket to the next level of skill/trade? Please stop ignoring us with cut and pasted auto replies and address the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CarlaK @jerameez 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Please be aware that there is an outage on The Roku Channel that may affect the Rich Eisen show. Rest assured that our team is currently working on it to fix this issue as soon as possible as we are committed to reaching your satisfaction. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we humbly ask for a little bit more of your patience and understanding as we are trying our best to resolve this occurring issue. 

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave19086
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems to be happing when I'm on PC (in Chrome) the ads lock up and spin then the program resumes late and I miss things in Bob Barker Era (e.g., the contestants have bid and are on stage but I never saw the bidding)  However, if I'm in the Roku app on my phone it works fine. So it's an issue with streaming from the website. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dave19086,

Thanks for letting us know about your concern. We would like to know more details about this. Have you tried using a different browser to see if you're seeing the same issue? In addition, what content/s are you trying to access when this happens on your PC?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave19086
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi.  Watching (or tying to watch) "The Price Is Right: The Barker Era"  I'm using Chrome (latest version of 115.0.5790.110 )  I also tried Edge with the same result.  I don't have the issue in the Roku App when playing the show, only browsers.     

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dave19086,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Could you please provide us with the following information below for us to investigate the issue further?

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Computer information and OS version.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.