Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nixo
Channel Surfer

Reuters Ch. 140: Content repeats & does not update

Jump to solution
Roku Ch.140 (Reuters News) has been streaming old/obsolete content on a repeat cycle for weeks. Normally such content updates on a daily basis. Reuters customer service says this is a Roku problem, though it may well be a Reuters-end feed problem. 

Pls note that the feed streams correctly on a technical basis, but with erroneous, months-old content. This is not an individual device issue. 

=>Since as a user I cannot address the issue, I request for myself and thousands of other Roku Ch 140/Reuters users that Roku liaise with its Reuters point of contact to fix this issue. 

Thank you
PS: I tried to bring this issue to Roku Customer Service attention via chat and phone, but have little confidence they knew how to process this issue based on my interactions with them. I hope my assumptions will be proven wrong.
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Reuters Ch. 140: Content repeats & does not update

Jump to solution

Hi @nixo,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with streaming this channel. Rest assured, we have flagged this concern to the appropriate team for further investigation. Once information coming from the team is available, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nixo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The non-updating content issue is now resolved; current Reuters vids are displaying.  Thanks for staff response/fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Paging Roku employees @RokuAustin, @RokuERey, and any other moderators for follow up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @nixo,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with streaming this channel. Rest assured, we have flagged this concern to the appropriate team for further investigation. Once information coming from the team is available, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nixo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks to you & Makaiguy.

Will accept as solution once the content in fact updates. Note that the feed self-identifies as S1:E1, which may just be a meaningless default label, but is likely inaccurate and may indicate a problem with the feed timing. 

For the record, the content that displays is generally from various dates in late March 2024, which is approx when the problem started. Thanks

0 Kudos
nixo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The non-updating content issue is now resolved; current Reuters vids are displaying.  Thanks for staff response/fix.