Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erzbet
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for that link. I just used it to report problems.

Roku on LG TV
1. won't resume, starts over
2. fast forward freezes sometimes recovers and moves, sometimes crashes back to Roku Home Screen
3. During play, sometimes it suddenly just stops and exits the show.
4. the app is very very slow to load, and then the shows are very very slow to load

0 Kudos
molobabe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Slightly off topic, but I recently started experiencing some problems with Britbox on my Roku tv. I’ll be watching a show when it suddenly drops out with an error reading, forcing me to go back to the screen and reselect the episode to continue watching. The difference is, however, that the “resume” feature actually does work on Britbox (unlike Acorn).

0 Kudos
Waltzy

Jump to solution

Been having same problems since August. Reported to Acorn numerous times and receive the standard "issue resolved-ticket closed" e-mail each time. I'm hanging around for the last season of Doc Martin then its bye-bye Acorn. This is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know.  Ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Waiting for my next “canned” reply that’s worth nothing and be told the problem has a resolution and close the ticket!

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Dear Marsha,

Thank you for contacting AcornTV!

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and are truly sorry for the trouble! 

We’ve passed the details on to our tech team and work is being done both from our end and other teams of developers to come up with a fix. Unfortunately, we don’t have a timeline on this at the moment but we hope to have an update available soon.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. And of course, you'll still be able to access Acorn TV as usual on all other supported devices!
Best wishes,
The Acorn TV Team

Acorn TV.  Email from AcornTV today
BennyTheBull
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got the same message from them. Here's hoping they actually fix it.

0 Kudos
erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just cancelled Acorn. Yes it's a cheap membership but unless people quit it's hard to believe things will change. Everything has been unworkable anyway, fast forward didn't work, it kept crashing and bumping back to the Roku main screen. 

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I sent my 4th and final email to support on the 8th of Oct and still have not heard back regarding Roku user issues. So I sent an email to support this morning regarding cancelling my account (I know how to do it, I just wanted to see how fast their response would be) and sure enough, they replied back within 8 hours. Go figure. Below is the response I got and I think I will take them up on their offer and will continue to do so (as long as they offer it) until this gets resolved. I did pick up the $20 onn android box from Walmart just to get around the resume episode issue in the meantime.

Acorn TV <support@acorn.tv>
To:siamhie@<address removed>
Wed, Oct 12 at 4:03 PM
Dear <name removed>,

Thank you for contacting our Acorn TV support team

We are sorry to hear you want to cancel your Acorn TV membership. Please let us know why you wish to cancel your subscription with us? Your feedback will help us provide better service in the future.

Also we’d like to offer you a free month to keep your membership! We have some great content coming this year and would hate to see you miss out.
Backstrom series 2
Doc Martin season 10
Mystery road Origin
Swallowed by the Sea

Please follow these steps below

0 Kudos
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just received one of those emails saying “resolved and ticket closed”

I look forward to the feedback survey they say they are sending