Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erzbet
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

I just got an email from Acorn today:

You may have experienced a technical issue affecting access  to Acorn TV resume play or View all on Roku.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing a problem, please reply to this email and we will work to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Best Wishes, 
Acorn TV Team

My Reply:
Thank you for your note

I am no longer experiencing problems with resume, but haven’t been able to watch Acorn TV because of continuing problems in two areas

1. Abrupt, intermittent crashing in while watching a show which seemed to be playing back fine. 
2. Any attempt to use fast forward ends up freezing for a time, then engaging then usually crashing. 
3. At times no ‘recognition’ of the play, rewind, or fast forward controls.

Last night I uninstalled the Acorn app and then re-installed it to ensure I had a clean up to date version, and then tried to play two Acorn shows. Both had the above 3 problems, making the shows unwatchable.
0 Kudos
colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My roku’s are also working.  Roku was updated to software version 11.5.0 on 10/25/22 and Acorn channel was updated to version 4.11 b 221020 on October 26,2022.

RDsquared
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve updated the roku and the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Resume still doesn’t work.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
LibraryLady78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Switched to Chromecast and all seems fine.  I got tired of waiting on Roku.

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@erzbet @RDsquared 

What Roku model and OS version are you using? When you removed the channel, did you make sure to restart the device to ensure the cache was cleared out before reinstalling the channel?

I have an Ultra 4800 that works but I also own a Streaming Stick+ (3810) that I can test with.

0 Kudos
siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@LibraryLady78 wrote:

Switched to Chromecast and all seems fine.  I got tired of waiting on Roku.

I picked up an ONN Android device a couple of weeks ago (while I was waiting for the fix) but honestly, I don't care for the Android interface.

0 Kudos
erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@siamhie 

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try!

0 Kudos
RDsquared
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Express 3900RW and an HD streaming stick +.  For the Express I updated the software for both roku and app, uninstalled and restarted the roku.  Resume still doesn’t work. I’ll verify updates and go thru the fix on the stick later.  Hate to have to buy a newer roku when this one still works ok for all the other apps.  Appreciate the assist!

so for some reason, resume is now working!  I did nothing new since my post earlier today. Weird.

0 Kudos
Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The resume episode was fixed when acorn did their update and everything was fine for a few days. Now it does not work again and I do not even get the indicator at the bottom of the screen that tells me how far it has gone and allows me to fast forward to that position again. I am so unhappy.

0 Kudos
RDsquared
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That’s where I’m at too- resume worked for a couple of hours then back to not working.  Also, no tracking of episodes I’ve watched. I’ve  given up on it working and just fast forward if I have to stop a program.  If this issue moves to other apps I’ll have to leave roku.  Sad since I’ve used roku for many years.

0 Kudos