Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

I have all the same channels on my firestick that I have on the Roku.  I agree with you that this has gone on way too long.  They need to consult with top of the chain technicians.  There doesn’t seem to be much concern about fixing this issue which is not very satisfying customer service while customers continue to pay for the service that many others have no problem with.  I’m upset and I think I am rambling but you know what I mean.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ceeotters
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have you read the thread? It is only Acorn but it's also only Roku. Something is wrong with the interface. 

erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Now more fun. 

Message pops up "a new version of the app is available. Launch current version of the app or update" followed by 3 buttons, update, launch, cancel. The Roku "ok" button doesn't work, the arrows to pick a different option don't work, and after a number of minutes it disappears. 

Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We've determined that it is not a Roku issue by the feedback others have reported so far. Remember that Roku provides a platform for developers to create a channel for, just like Android, Windows, OSX, etc, do.  Those who use AcornTV on Android devices (Firestick, ONN, mobile) or log in with a computer don't experience this issue. Roku on the other hand uses a customized Linux OS to run their devices and it seems that AcornTV has not updated the channel after the latest Roku OS release (11.5) which seems to coincide with this issue. If Roku is providing the platform and they do an update shouldn't they be sure that they're update is backward compatible with all the users? Why would acorn TV need to do an update because Roku doesn't update that is not the way things are done.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Oregonlj 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this issue with Acorn TV playback doesn't seem related to the release of OS 11.5 as users are reporting this on OS 11.0.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Oregonlj 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this issue with Acorn TV playback doesn't seem related to the release of OS 11.5 as users are reporting this on OS 11.0.

Thanks,
Danny

I have Roku release at 11.5 and I have the problem.

erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too have been on 11.5 Build 4206 since it automatically updated (set to check every day). Problems with Acorn: resume no longer works, Fast forward will "hang" and sometimes crash booting me back to the Roku home page, during normal playback on infrequent occasions will just crash and boot back to main Roku home page.  Also much much slower than other apps to load channel, and then content.

mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Today my acorn app crashes to home screen as soon as I select a show. Sigh. 

colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As of now I cannot get Acorn at all.  I can get to the channel but when I press to launch it goes back to the Roku home.