Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMurray
Channel Surfer

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

This is so frustrating that I purchased a basic Fire Stick so I can watch Acorn TV without this problem. I may just move over to the Fire Stick entirely from the Roku if this problem isn't fixed. It looks as if most if not all of the streaming channels I watch are also available on the Fire Stick. We'll see.

erzbet
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So interesting! RMurray you're the first person to have an example which does implicate Roku as part of the problem! Until now all the posts have said or implied that it's all Acorn's problem. Thank you for giving me an option to research.

RMurray
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I suspect that the problem lies with both Roku and Acorn, but they don't seem to be working together to arrive at a solution. I just want to be able to watch Acorn programming without the irritating need to fast forward to catch up with my viewing. And if that means I use a Fire Stick, which doesn't have this problem, then so be it.

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Acorn says theyre aware of problems with the "resume" function & are working on it.  But its this way for weeks now.  Ive started to cast from android instead, its easier to Ffw.

ConnieP

Jump to solution

I have the same problem using Acorn with Roku devices, one is a device I got about a year ago, so it's not limited to "new" Rokus. The other is a Roku TV we've had a few years.  It was all working just  fine until the last month or two. Now every time I click "resume" it goes back to the beginning of the episode every times and I have to spend 5 minutes fast forwarding until I find where I stopped.  So annoying!

THIS IS AN ACORN PROBLEM, NOT A ROKU PROBLEM.  They sent me an email telling me to do all kinds of things like restarting the Roku device, deleting and reinstalling the Acorn app, etc.etc. etc. Took over an hour trying all their suggested fixes. This was last week.  Nothing worked.  I really think I will not renew my Acorn subscription even though it's one of my favorite streaming channels. 

If they can't fix this with so many people affected when it's been months, there is a serious problem with Acorn. And telling customers to try to fix it themselves with these canned email responses is very troubling when they should know  by now these fixes WILL NOT  work. What an imposition on customers!  

It would be much better customer service just to respond  to customers' complaint  that they know there is a problem and they are working on it, then having their customers waste time on fixes they should know will not work.

AliRing

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting this! I’ve also been having the same problem - Roku TCL tv with the independent Acorn App; and I also hope that with this number of people piling on they will take notice! 

Either that, or speed up the fast forward options! Even at the fastest speed, it takes literal minutes to get into an episode, and with many of my favorite murder mysteries  being 90 minute episodes, I tend to pause and resume a lot! An improvement in QoL features would stop making me question whether I should just stick with Brit Box. 

AnnieOakley64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am a new subscriber to Acorn TV and I am experiencing the same problem. It is extremely frustrating. The whole purpose of streaming channels is so that you can stop and start it whenever you want throughout a program and be able to pick it up where you left off.  This is very disappointing.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please be advised that the channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to Acorn TV's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Ceeotters
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have two tickets in with Acorn. Supposedly it's been elevated. But it's been several months and it's still not fixed. I think this conversation on Roku is now just a lot of us saying, "Yeah, it's happening to me too."

gerhardie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve raised this with Acorn Support and they just say they’re aware of it and working on it. This has been several weeks as far as I know, but possibly much longer.