Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

Well it works on my kindle. It works on my iphone. It only doesn’t work on roku. It seems to be a roku problem. 

melee3

Jump to solution

It only happens on Acorn TV.  I have tested it in numerous ways as I used to be an IT tester.  Here is what i have done while using ROKU on my TV:

1.  Hit resume when I first chose the show from the Recently Watched list--starts from the beginning.

2.  Hit resume after choosing the specific episode--starts from the beginning.

3.  Choose the show from any list, then choose the episode--starts from the beginning.

I have chosen NOT to remove Acorn TV and restart ROKU as that does not seem to work for anyone.  From what I have been able to research, there is a middle application between Acorn TV and ROKU, so that is probably where the problem lies.

Resume does work on my computer.  I either resume watching there or make note of the minutes/seconds and fast forward.  However, when I finish watching it on my computer, it does not show as having been finished on my TV. 

FYI--here are other issues I would like to see improved on:  Increased speed options for fast forward; the option to mark an episode as having been watched; the option to remove a show from my recently watched list.  

siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@melee3  "FYI--here are other issues I would like to see improved on: Increased speed options for fast forward"

That is my biggest pet peeve. Seriously, 1 arrow moves 2 seconds ahead/back, 2 arrows move 4 seconds and max 3 arrows moves 6 seconds. 

gerhardie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, sometimes even only after stepping away for a few minutes. Very annoying.

mcc2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem - have reported to Acorn and they have forwarded to their tech dept.

Doesn't seem like there's a quick solution since this has been reported over and over again.

And, extra infuriating that the fast forward isn't fast at all

nga

Jump to solution

Yes, the FF is slow/annoying- I've taken to writing down time where I stopped an ep so I can FF*- looking forward to fix!

*start at slow speed & then go to higher or it gets messed up- sigh

ktgreen

Jump to solution

I am having exact same problem on all of my Roku's and Roku TV's.

Derf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Appears Roku tv is not affected. I have 4 Roku sticks, different models..same issue with resume. Fire stick not affected either

siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Derf1  On your Roku TV, what is the channel version?

My version is Acorn TV: version 4.9 build 220630.

Derf1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same build on Acorn TV.  I've got 4 Roku sticks in use, all different models and none work.  Neighbor has Roku TV and works fine.  Another friend has Firestick and works fine. So does my Acorn App on phone.  I think Roku made a change to player but doesn't want to fix. (or can't)

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.