Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

My software version is the same. 11.0.0

build 4193 CU.  4k model 3820X.  The problem started about a week or two ago. Before that it was working well

Prothhale

Jump to solution

Yes, same problem. No resume function for a while now. 4660X Roku Ultra, version 11.0.0 build 4193-46

I had to cancel my subscription in order to remove the Acorn app, reset the Roku and then reinstall the Acorn app.  It did not fix the issue.  

siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just tried with the Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810RW) I had laying around. Same problem.

Feir
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same proble. Have cancelled and reinstalled acorn. Restarted roku etc. Nothing. It insists on playing form the start even though it says I can resume.

Feir
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly my problem. From reading some other messages it seems to be an acorn issue not a roku one.

LibraryLady78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I, too, am experiencing the same issue with Acorn. 

How many people have to report the problem before a resolution is found?

siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Feir 
@Barnettm  mentioned that they don't have this problem with their Amazon Firestick.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

this issue, I would like to have this issue frustrating issue resolved. I stream AcornTV through a 4k Ultra Roku streaming stick, model 3820X
Software version 11.0.0 Build 4193-CU.
After completing all suggested fixes the problem still remains. It is impossible to resume any episode of any program on Acorn
using the Roku. It is only involving the Roku app. On another tv that Acorn streams using an Amazon Firestick no problems exist. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and I know I am not the only one with this problem. I hope this can be resolved soon.  

LibraryLady78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you read all of these comments?  The problem does not seem to be with Acorn, but with Roku.

Answering with information about a channel's functionality is not addressing the issue as explained - repeatedly - in the comments.