Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aziraj

Repetitive ads on some channels

Yes me too. Annoying the **bleep** out of me,

5 REPLIES 5
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Too many repetitive ads on some channels

I usually press the 'Mute' button as soon as the ad starts - helps keep my sanity.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LenxBob @westner 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that repetitive ads take out the fund of the streaming experience, and thanks for letting us know about your experience. We want to assure you that we are committed to following the proper standards with our commercials and ads to avoid offensive and inappropriate displays of content. We'll forward your feedback to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KimW6
Streaming Star

So just fix the issues instead of giving customers the impression that you actually care.

0 Kudos
Jimj733
Reel Rookie

you show the SAME ad over and over and over.  You have many more ads than your competitors, and its the same ad over and over and over... Some amount of ads is OK, but stop showing the same ad over and over and over.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Something needs clarification here. If the ads are appearing on The Roku Channel, then Roku has control over what is shown. If you're seeing ads on any other channel on your Roku device, Roku is not the controller of those ads. Roku does offer an ad service, and some providers might make use of it. But the channel providers are still the final controller of what is streamed on their channel, not Roku. Again, except for The Roku Channel, for which Roku is the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos