Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie5162

Re: Repetitive Commercials******

Stupid and too loud. I will never watch these annoying shows anyway 

1fine848
Reel Rookie

Wait. I'm NOT the only person who hates the sounds of Jessica Alba, Sushi Master, Lincoln logs and Weird Al? If they ever sneak a new commercial in, I won't hear it bc I have to mute the same 5 commercials I've been hearing for the past year.

ROKU advertising dept: Wake up and go sell some commercials!

Emissary35
Roku Guru

The commercials are ridiculously annoying, but you people realize you can mute your TV when ads come on right? That's what I do whether it is Roku Channel youtube app or anything else. They can force the ad to play but they can't force you to listen or pay attention to them.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Not only the repetition, but why do they come right in the middle of important event, or conversation, sometimes in mid-sentence??  This is very aggravating, and doesn't ever occur on any other platform I've ever watched TV shows or movies on!  Why can't Roku place the ads in far more appropriate spots, as all other outlets?

Myersk123

I hate them all I want to sell my tv because they are so **bleep** annoying . The one I hate most is the one with Denise Richard's  just screaming in the car . I think the idea who created that commercial should get fired. I absolutely hate the weird al commercial. The stupid Jessica Alba commercial, to the everyone out there follow your dreams commercial  , the nice to beef you commercial and the Emeril commercial about Sake . I like Emeril but any show I see on a commercial I will never watch just to spite the idiots at Roku. My Roku TV was the biggest mistake purchase I have ever made .I now hate Roku bc of this major issue

Ghostess
Channel Surfer

What’s with the triple repeat of the same commercials!?Re: Repetitive Commercials******

I love my Roku but hate the repeated ads.

What drives me battier is when the same (literally only one) commercial shows back-to-back throughout the entire series. It’s completely maddening when trying to binge watch. That theme song, the faces, the entire thing makes one want to never watch that show again. It’s like a horrible itch. 

We have an option to skip past the opening of an episode and the same at the end to the next show, so what’s up with a remedy for an issue that you have to know about? 

its an unfair trade for paid viewers.

Ghostess
Channel Surfer

The face, the screaming! 
That commercial with her screaming in the car was one of the 3-peats in a row on one of my bing watchings, lol. Insanity! It would glitch and repeat before the commercial ending all the way. 

Stop the cheesy insanity! 

Jwhawg
Channel Surfer

Well I guess you could mute your audio every time you see a commercial. In my opinion, if you were to actually do that every time you see something that repulses you on TV your audio would be muted most of the time. And I've personally tried that. It takes a lot of time and concentration just to do that. And that adds even more frustration to the whole thing. I had to just find other things to do to spend my time.

Ghostess
Channel Surfer

Thanks for responding. I hate having to grab the remote so many times through a show, but it seems to be the only option. Better to tape the remote to a weight to get something more out of it, lol. Binge Exercise Class, lol. 

Thanks again. 

tomwhite
Reel Rookie

That is hilarious. I refer to Philo as Old White Guy TV.