Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwhawg
Channel Surfer

Re: Repetitive Commercials******

I love it. Make something positive out of it! Lol

Keep smiling Ghostess 👍

Baked57

I agree. The replay of the same commercials is getting old. I’m to the point I’d never watch these shows because of the replays of the commercials. Surely Roku could play others occasionally. 

TheTopper
Reel Rookie

I have found that if you select Real Americas Voice right from the Roku Home screen you get different commercials vs selecting RAV through RokuTVand that is the only way I can watch it.

Ulfatbibi

HELLO WOULD ️ 

#UFO

Ghostess
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your response.

I never thought about doing that when the repetition occurs on a channel. 

I’ll start journaling mimicking channels so I can take notice about how I got there 🙂

Enjoy the weekend 

0 Kudos
Ghostess
Channel Surfer

UFO’s? Seen some in my years of being 🙂

I might be confused about your question lol.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Nothing worse than having to see the same five commercials, over & over & over, endlessly, all day long! I know that they're why I haven't and won't ever watch any of the shows they carpet bomb us with, so what do they think it's accomplishing?  It would be far better, if they can't come up with any fresh advertising, to at least just show a nice scene of nature, and play some calming music, as one of the channels I watch does....
I feel like a subject in a study of:

1. Brainwashing techniques. . . &/or

2. Psychological warfare, methods to motivate one to spill all they know...

Jwhawg
Channel Surfer

I totally agree, and every once in a while I will be tuning around and find a channel that actually does that. It's really refreshing. But I think since we are buying almost piece meal our TV, we should have a choice of whether we want to see a particular commercial or not. None of the **bleep** we see is over the air anymore so WE basically control when we see something. So why can't we control that too. The TV manufacturers need to come up with a commercial delete or something 

Jwhawg
Channel Surfer

Um okay........ Not sure but PHILO is "old white guy TV"...?  I guess if you're an old white guy that loves black commercials, black programming, and all the black you can stand I guess it's old white guy TV. Just not THIS old white guy 

0 Kudos
fedupwithtv
Channel Surfer

This is their way of TORTURING the free streamer into paying for premium services. with commercials that are not even for products but for their garbage shows that i will never watch because of the commercials. and then to top it off they want to send a survey out, and every time we complain, they know it is annoying people and they do it even more. so i keep the remote with me and mute every terrible roku commercial they play and keep in mind that there is other streaming channels like Pluto that don't do that **bleep**. 

0 Kudos