Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmccabe12
Reel Rookie

Repetitive Commercials******

WHY are the same commercials from MONTHS ago still on repeat. If i have to see one more Lincoln log, nikki haley, Jessica alba renovation commercial im gonna quit using the roku! I will never watch ANY of these shows because of this. As im typing, Lincoln Logs is playing again! Ohhh and the Weird Al I love rock and roll just came up after…!! My next favorite one.!  Smh. Seriously though. This is ridiculous. 

29 REPLIES 29
jerameez
Channel Surfer

Re: Repetitive Commercials******

Same. Getting old. I'll see if there is a pirate site that BLOCKS these or something and report back. Roku won't don anything. They'll respond to this with a cheesy standard, pre-written response about checking into it or we have no control or some excuse. Stay tuned...

Jbms

Yep same here. And for the auto response, it’s on all channels, any device and resetting has nothing to do with Roku’s programming. The repetitive, constant same barrage of annoyingly loud commercials is borderline insanity inducing. C’mon Roku. There are literally hundreds of thousands of shows out there you can be advertising. I don't care if “we’re back in business” or if “Weird Al is taking the world by storm”. Who cares if Martha Stewart gets to “live her best life” or if two uppity morons marry each other or someone else. Emeril is a great cook, but I’m tired of hearing about his “dishes” and New Orleans. If i have to hear the annoying “OH MY GOD” or “Follow your dreams” one more time im going to lose it. My dream right now? It’s to stop being bombarded by the same repetitive ads.   

I, like most others I think, are ok with commercials on a free service. Absolutely acceptable, but not the SAME dang ones over and over and over and over and over and over and over……

Either get way more programs to advertise and break up the torturous monotony, or just get rid of them and give is back the ticker screen. I love my big ol’ Roku TV but I will not be getting another Roku anything if this is going to keep happening. I’ll go elsewhere. Please listen to the community and FIX THIS.

Jwhawg
Channel Surfer

I feel the same as the previous people. Only I'm especially sick and tired of the BLACK AGENDA garbage advertising all the garbage black infiltration. These fine individuals have their own networks for them to play all the Black hype over there. ROKU is as bad as PHILO when it comes to black programming and commercials. Like ANY of that **bleep** is even worth watching. It was all a waist of time and electricity to even make that garbage. If I have to see one more obese Amazon going Ma Ma Ma, like SHE'S going to sing or something I'm going to be finding other things to occupy my time. Thanks to Derrick Shavin and george floyd for all of it. Before that ,, none of us would have to deal with any of this. ROKU and PHILO wouldn't have the nerve....... No More ROKU for this old man......,...

Mmccabe12
Reel Rookie

Not sure about all that, but you can voice your opinion lol. Im just tired of the same commercials in general as ive said and im glad to hear there are other people who share same feelings. Switch it up roku or like other things the relationship will go stale!! Lol😂

TheTopper
Reel Rookie

Couldn’t agree more. Don’t even want to watch anything on Roku TV anymore.  These repetitive commercials on all channels are nauseating! If this continues you are going to lose customers!

Keith12

Mix up the commercial for God sake!!! I can't stand the 4 commercials I get to see over and over !!! Fix it!!!!!

MONTHS AGO?!?!? TRY OVER A YEAR!!! ROKU is ridiculous!!! We can't even watch Roku anymore because of the 90 Weird Al commercials or the stupid girl screaming "look out" 90 times a day. And they jack the volume up twice as loud. We're done with Roku.

MJMathy

I have had enough of Roku's repeating commercials. Trying to watch America's Voice the same 4 commercials have been re-run 4 times in the last 20 minutes. Time to return to cable!

Annie5162

Sushi and other same commercials on Roku are driving me nuts!!!! Do something!