Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billymcm
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

I may have to switch to Chromecast also.  Roku is not helping to resolve this.

Old_Toby33
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

The only thing I've seen somewhat help with this is by logging into both your cable provider and sign in the foxnow user log in, seems to not cut off so often, still not a fix but a workaround I guess

0 Kudos
Jay_StP

Jump to solution

I'm yet another user having this same issue on my Fox Sports App,   authenticated thru YouTube TV, on my TCL Roku TV only. This does not happen on my Roku 4k streaming stick, so that's what I have to watch World Cup replays on. 

Tried deleting the app, restarting the device, reinstalling, etc. 

Roku need to fix this or work with Fox Sports if it is truly something with a major 3rd party app, not this specific Roku device. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's error messages and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gergster

Jump to solution

Has anyone considered that b/c you have to log in using your TV provider credentials, it is adding the FOX app login as another one on top?

So, if you are limited to say, 4 logins/ devices for your TV provider (Fox app uses your local fox station as it's base) (youtubeTV, etc.), you are in effect adding a 5th login to you account, thereby exceeding the allowable number of logged in devices.   It is counting the device you are using for the Fox app as 2 devices- one for the app, one for your TV service.

Has anyone logged out of their TV provider app on other devices, then tried the Fox app?

0 Kudos
GreggyCobain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here is a another workaround to this issue that I’m using and may not be for everyone. If you have a Xbox, use the Fox Sports or Fox Now apps there. No issues whatsoever watching there. I know it’s not for everyone but until Fox or whoever fixes their app on Roku at least it’s one way to get around this.

Trswan14

Jump to solution

It’s definitely something with Fox Sports but they don’t help. I have Verizon but clearly people are having this issue with Fox sports specifically on Roku regardless of the tv provider. I hope you guys can help us out and tell Fox sports to look into it. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Mr_Tech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'll try that.... Thanks

0 Kudos
neato5oh1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same problem here using verizon fios login.  never had the issue before yesterday.

0 Kudos
Countrybug94
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update on this discussion: I have an Apple TV streaming device and a Roku. On the Roku, I’m back to getting the YOU HAVE EXCEEDED YOUR ACCOUNT LIMITS FOR THIS SERVICE for the Fox streaming app. I have selected the app and on the remote push the star button. You will see options for app. I’ve chosen update app and it will not update the app. My Apple TV updated this app and we do not get the the error message. We can watch anything without a problem. As long as I’m logged in to the Fox app with my user name and password. Roku really needs to update their apps.