Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Countrybug94
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

I think I fixed this issue. I deleted the Fox app, restarted my Roku, then reinstalled the app. Then went to go.Fox.com and entered the code from the app. It logged me in with my service provider. Then went back to the website and also created a account with my email and password. Then it takes me to the app and shows that I’m logged in on the app with Directv provider and also email account. Now I don’t get the error.

eili
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

I'll try the fix.

I have had this issue for weeks now. This only happens on FoxSports app. Does not happen on other live TV apps such as ESPN and USA Network.

I have a Roku TV, provider is Verizon FIOS.

Even this morning, I was watching the world cup and I get this error every 10-20 minutes. Happens every time. It is annoying to go back and restart the live game, as you miss 2-3 minutes every time.

doesntwork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The "fix" did not work for me. I have the same exact issue with FOX Sports app, Verizon FIOS, and Roku.

From FOX:

"Please contact Verizon for further assistance. We provide access to the content that your TV provider allows based on your TV provider credentials to login. Verizon can \"reset access\" if the content you are trying to view is being blocked, then once access has been reset, you must log out and log back in to FOX Sports.

To recap; you have reached out to FOX Customer Care today for issues streaming the World Cup on FOX Sports. I have informed you to contact Verizon for assistance to reset the access. Have I addressed all of your concerns today, or is there anything else that I may assist you with?"

Messaged with Verizon and they said I can't use cable box and stream at the same time?

0 Kudos
GatesB

Jump to solution

I’m having this same issue watching the World Cup through the Fox Sports app on my TCL Roku TV. I am logged in through DirecTV. It only occurs in this app for me as well. I was able to restart the stream at first, but now it just freezes on the Fox Sports logo. This clearly seems to be a Fox issue, not a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@doesntworkI am Verizon customer too. I am getting the error when I tried to stream Fox Sports. Fortunately, for me I have Verizon wireless mini box attached to my TV. The mini cableless boxes came out recently. I have no issues with my setup.

0 Kudos
DJO-22

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as others have described. Provider is DirectTV. 
there are no issues with other apps or other devices. It only occurs on Fox Sports.

I have signed out of Fox sports on other devices. I haven’t found any method to sign out of all Direct TV logins everywhere, nor have I found any reason this would be required. DirectTV does not appear to limit the number of total sign ins, only the concurrent streams.

I seem to have resolved the issue by downloading the DirectTV app on my Roku TV and I can access any channel through that app instead of the Fox Sports app. Fox is working fine within the DirectTV app. World cup games are now working fine.

It is frustrating to watch the world of content providers crawl behind technology innovation as we implore them to catch up. Fox is an over the air channel after all: free with an antenna. Why is it so hard to offer it over the internet.

0 Kudos
KSal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The directv app on roku has been great so far, especially for this fox issue. Only bad part is not having the option for games streaming in 4k

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Lucky for me is that Verizon has 4k cable boxes that I have in my house plugged into my 4k TV.

0 Kudos
Gatnus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same exact issue on my Fox Sports logged in with my Youtube TV credentials on my Roku Ultra.  It's stopped the video twice during World Cup.  Retrying lets me right back in.  There is nobody else using my credentials to log in.

0 Kudos
GreggyCobain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue in recent weeks with the Fox Sports app on my TCL Roku TV. None of the other suggestions for a fix have worked. The only workaround to this issue for me is  to air cast the Fox app from my iPhone to my tv. The Fox app on my iPhone does not seem affected by this error. 

0 Kudos