Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmtwyoming
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I tried contacting Fox. They just give you a run-around as if you're completely stupid. Along with being thorough on explaining things, I'm not a complete idiot. It either sounds like: 1) They actually don't know what they're talking about, 2) They are lazy, 3) They don't care, or 4) All of the above.
Would you like to see my message to them, along with their reply to me? No? Okay, here it is anyway.

My original message:

"I am using Roku on my smart TV, and downloaded the Fox Sports app. Upon registering my service through my provider, it allows me to watch the programming for a varied amount of time (usually around ten minutes), then proceeds to give me the message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service". I can hit the "back" button, then go back to the programming lineup, re-enter the game I was watching, and do it all over again in about ten minutes. I contacted Roku support. They told me to contact you. I also found a forum board with many other people experiencing this exact same issue with all Fox apps on Roku. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, same result. It only happens with Fox apps. Also tried updating RokuTV but it's always already up to date."

Their reply:

"Thank you for contacting FOX Customer Care, my name is Crystal. I understand you are contacting us in regards to streaming Live content through your Roku. I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry.  

If the show is timing out after 10 minutes of viewing, this means that you need to sign in with your TV provider being that your are trying to view live shows. Please use this link and follow the steps to sign in with your TV provider: https://help.fox.com/s/article/How-do-I-connect-my-TV-provider-account

Thank you for contacting FOX Customer Care.  If there's anything else you'd like us to address, please let us know."

Did I not mention that I was signed-in with my provider? I said "registered", which is more in-depth. I would have to literally sign out manually from the app after registering to not be signed in. Then be a complete idiot and wonder why I can't watch anything live when it prompts me to sign in.

ekzrl
Reel Rookie

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R- "Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves." - Can you tell us if it maintained by a third party or not? Does roku develop for some channels?

Also, a quick search on the roku developers forums reveals that this is not limited to FOX apps. People are getting this message across different apps and different tv providers.

So, a few questions that would be helpful. Where is the Roku API? Was there a version change in the last year or so (major or minor)? Sometimes, even a non-breaking non-major change fails proper vetting and results in a an error. It seems like connections/counters are not being cleaned up somewhere?

If we were to contact fox, we need to present something that will hopefully get a response from someone beyond first level support that just gives form answers.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can look in the channel store. Fox sports says “Developed by: FOX Sports”, Fox Now says: “Developed by: FOX Broadcasting Company”, Fox News says: “Developed by: Fox News”. The only channels that I can think of that are developed by Roku have Roku in their name such as: The Roku channel, Roku Media player, Roku Smart Home. (Roku typically says “many channels” are developed by others, but I would say the vast majority of channels are developed by others.)

Developers might start here: https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/getting-started/roku-dev-prog.md

I wouldn’t expect anyone you call in support to know anything about that, though.

0 Kudos
4manJ

Jump to solution

Dealing with the same issue - I watched a football game for an hour then started getting the error and it was at first every 15 after then down to 10 now I watch about 3 minutes and I get it.  Following for advice on how to fix it. 

Jump to solution

Hi Matt, in order to fix this error, please contact your TV Provider support as they will be able to to reset/ resync your entitlements to watch your program. After that, the error should not occur. 

My name is matt.

This was from the official fox support.

gmtwyoming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Second attempt to contact Fox:

Gave them the exact same message as the first time, and got this response instead:

"Thank you for contacting FOX Customer Care, my name is Sabrina. I understand you are contacting us in regards to FOX Sports. I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. I apologize for the inconvenience and trouble you're experiencing.
We recommend contacting your TV provider since you are subscribed through them. They provide a separate account and billing."

So I'm supposed to contact Hulu? Not everyone is signed in through Hulu. I explained that many people are having this same issue, and I highly doubt every single person has Hulu as their provider.

0 Kudos
Flipflap
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am Hulu as well and found this thread trying to fix the issue. So it might be a Hulu issue

0 Kudos
woody037
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Im signed in through Direct TV so thats not the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @woody037

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us a bit more about what the problem is that you're running into? 

Regards,
Karla

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
billymcm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just started having the problem today for FoxNow.  I am on Verizon Fios.

0 Kudos