Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynthi06854
Reel Rookie

Re: Two Roku TVs were updated the software. Now Mahjong and other games stopped working

the only Mah Jongg app is far inferior to the original; it doesn't allow for backups and stops in the middle of games with a message that "the game will resume shortly." How does one get the original game back?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Two Roku TVs were updated the software. Now Mahjong and other games stopped working

Hi @cynthi06854,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@cynthi06854, check your private messages.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cynthi06854
Reel Rookie

Nothing else was affected. The Mah Jongg game no longer allows moves to be reversed. It says upgraded version allows what the older version already had. The problem is that I can't see how to get the upgraded version. 

0 Kudos
Julilaw
Binge Watcher

Mah Jongg by Jim Truscello gone (paid version)

I bought the paid version of Mah Jongg several years ago and loved it. It's disappeared from my channel lineup, although the free version is there. The free version has very limited puzzles.

How do I get the paid one back?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Mah Jongg by Jim Truscello gone (paid version)

@Julilaw

Thanks for the post.

Hopefully @renojim can provide some insight into the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Julilaw, sorry, I missed your post.

When Roku got rid of all private/non-certified channels they threw the baby out with the bath water.  The original game that you paid for became a private channel once the new ad-supported version came out (by Roku's suggestion).  It was then removed by Roku when they eliminated private channels (beyond my control).

Check your PMs (private messages) and I'll try to help.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Julilaw
Binge Watcher

Thank you, @renojim

I don't see anything in my PMs yet, but it's mere minutes after you replied. I'm patient, but can you tell I miss this game??? It was my addiction. Woman LOL

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.