Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skinchley

Re: Random accounts logged in to streaming channels that aren’t me

I also have had the same issue with the  Roku coming logged in as someone else.  If I wanted to I could have bought things with their account too.  This is terrifying and looks like it’s a wide spread issue.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Skinchley

Thank for you your post. 

I'd like to gather more details about the issue you are experiencing so we can best assist you. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Do you have issues with the channel account login or the account login to your Roku device itself? For reference, here is how you can check the Roku account linked to your Roku device Settings > System > About. 

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Skinchley-

Is this a new-to-you Roku?  It sounds like a used Roku that the owner did not clear before selling or turning it in.  If you bought it as "new" from a retailer, they misrepresented the product.

To clear the old info off the Roku, do a Factory Reset.

Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  

This will clear out the unit's memory and you'll then have to set it up though it were a new unit right out of the box.  In the process you can link it to your own Roku account, or set up a new one if necessary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.