Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeeShane
Reel Rookie

Re: Casting Youtube onto Roku tv Closed Caption issue

This started happening to me at least a couple of years ago. I watch YouTube all day long and had always liked bringing up the YouTube channel on Roku (this happens on any of the Rokus), bringing up YouTube on my phone, and connecting them. Easy to comment, like, pick more videos, control my queue, etc. Then out of the blue, CC is on. Hmmm? I turn it off on my cell. An ad plays, the vid I was watching continues, and again CC is turned on. 

From there, over 2 years ago now, I started looking for real answers. It's frustrating. I usually don't connect anymore. Sometimes I do, and still today I'm forced to turn off CC for every video, for every ad. Makes me want to scream. 

And yes, I've turned off CC on every freaking device in my home, it has NOTHING to do with that. There was a bad update somewhere, and there's been no effort to figure it out.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Casting Youtube onto Roku tv Closed Caption issue

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @TeeShane!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We want to provide more information and help you contact the proper support.

Since this is an isolated case involving the YouTube channel exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification. Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel providers themselves. Their channel may need an update from them. 

You can reach YouTube Support here: YouTube Contact Us

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos