Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissTauni
Reel Rookie

Re: CBSN isn't working.....

Uninstalling Channel from Roku is Only a TEMPORARY fix.  It worked until I left the channel and later tried to go back to it.  Will I have to remove CBSN channel reboot Roku then reinstall CBSN Channel every time I want to watch it?  That is NOT a resolution.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Playback issue | CBSN isn't working

@MissTauni  this thread is 3 years old. There is no CBSN channel for Roku. There is however a CBS channel for Roku. It is developed by CBS. Not Roku. So the issue is with CBS needing to update there app. CBS all access no longer exists. It is now Paramount+ 

0 Kudos
MissTauni
Reel Rookie

It is CBS News app that I have on my Roku.  Not CBS All Access.. and I have Paramount+ but I am trying to figure out why CBS News app is not working

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

This thread is about CBS All Access. From what you are describing your problem is with the CBS News channel for Roku. Roku does not develop the CBS New channel. Therefore if you are having issues with it contact them. 

Capture 7.PNG

0 Kudos
MissTauni
Reel Rookie

Sorry, Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MissTauni,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Robbie-W
Binge Watcher

Re: CBSN isn't working.....

THERE WAS A CBSN CHANNEL ON ROKU BUT IT IS NOW JUST SIMPLY CBS. There are constant issues with CBS buffering and not loading. It isn't your Roku because mine does the same thing. I have reported it in the App and to their website, but we all know how that goes. I am sure they are aware of the issue, and it is probably due to them propagating all the services into one area. They probably need to upgrade or add a server or two. I have deleted and added it back and just gave up. I switched to watching ABC and NBC until they get it corrected because I do like their format.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback issue | CBS News isn't working

@Robbie-W Calm down. First, there is no channel labeled CBSN. Yes, there is a CBS News. And the OP did clarify the channel name in a later post. Also, the Roku moderator moved this to a new thread from one that was very old, something that isn't readily noticeable at first glance. It does place the other posts out of context, though.

And to @MissTauni CBS is solely responsible for the functionality of their channel/app. If you are not having a problem with other channels, then the issue is likely with the specific channel, in this case CBS News. Only CBS can address issues with their channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Robbie-W
Binge Watcher

Please do not tell me to "calm down" because you are being rude and condescending. Look at a Roku Channel Guide here: CBS News | Roku Guide   As you will see there WAS a CBSN Channel on Roku. The CBS Company just recently merged CBSN and other outlets to the new Paramount+ and you can find that information on WIKAPEDIA

Is CBS and CBSN the same channel?

In September 2021, CBS announced that CBSN would be rebranded under the CBS News name later in the year; the usage of a single brand for both broadcast and digital news content followed a reorganization that placed all of CBS' news efforts, including at the CBS-owned stations, under the purview of the CBS News division ...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My statement about there being no CBSN channel was accurate. I checked the channel store before I posted. It is immaterial that they changed the name last year. It's not the name now. Any previously installed channel would have been updated with the name change when it happened. The same thing happened when CBS All Access was renamed Paramount+. I didn't have to install a new app. It changed itself. Have a nice day.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos