Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RainCountry
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV+ not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

Thanks for your input. You were creative in solving the issue; I hope more than temporarily.  I could always get access on my phone or computer, just not TV via my Roku "box."  What ultimately happened to me, both gratifying and frustrating because it is still a mystery, is that the Apple TV+ channel just started to work again and has ever since.  I'm left happy to have it back, but not knowing the why or who was responsible for the problem is unsatisfying.  Happy viewing!

0 Kudos
OkraNokra

Jump to solution

Add another to this long list of replies. 

Is there an official Roku solution, or a current all-purpose support link? Please post it again, if possible.

I called Apple support and they referred me here. What was suggested:

Ask Roku, or use their Apple TV product instead... they will support it, then. 

Is that Apple+ TV box the only way to get a fully reliable playback of Apple TV+ content?

It is soooo frustrating to not be able to consistently stream new content, such as 5 Days at Memorial, or Severance... that list has also become quite long. This issue started many moons ago, for me.

But, it is beyond frustrating to be able to watch a trailer or to watch some episodes, but randomly get an "unsupported...." message before a subsequent episode starts. That's been my Apple TV+ experience via my Roku Express.  Before Apple TV+, I was quite happy with Roku and Roku Express, but this issue is changing all that.... which is a shame.

What is the 100% reliable all-Roku for Apple+ TV channel solution? I am using the small, inexpensive device called a Roku Express, hdmi-connected into an older pre-smart Toshiba. Is that possibly the problem or does this Apple+ issue occur with new TVs and/or the higher-end Roku devices, as well?

I have tried some of the suggested fixes to no avail. It's hard to keep track, since we all have different gear.

I don't believe I have trouble using any other Roku channels and streams.

Is there a firmware update needed for the Roku Express device. How is that checked?

I am just about ready to throw in the Roku towel.  Please post iron-clad solutions....

Also, if you know: Are there playback issues on older TVs like mine, using the Apple TV Box, too?

Thanks for making a good product, Roku-- let's figure this out, okay?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As mentioned a very long time ago, after realizing a solution is not forthcoming, I just gave up on Roku. Just throw the Roku away and get an Amazon Fire Stick (4K or MAX versions) instead and you'll never look back.

0 Kudos
adougherty
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We ended up buying a new Roku Streaming Stick 4k. So far no problems.

The issue with the Firestick is the sound is awful on every app. Every. one.

0 Kudos
Dabred

Re: Apple TV app not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

Apple TV + has worked on this smart tv before but can’t sign in now what Ami doing wrong 

0 Kudos