Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

I don't have a Roku Ultra - only a Roku express - - I can play Netflix, Amazon, Disney, HBOMax and Paramount plus.  I used to be able to play Apple TV through my express as recently as 2 weeks ago what changed?

lydieth

Jump to solution

Me too. I had success with starting episodes on one device and then pausing and resuming on the TV. Now that won't work. I've restarted everything, changed picture and display settings, tried rewatching the end of a previous episode and letting it roll into the next one--used to work, now it doesn't.

I am really frustrated and wondering why I'm paying for something I have to fight with this hard. I just want to hit PLAY and watch something.

I'm on a Vizio tv with Roku express. Apple TV used to work fine with only an occasional stubborn episode. Now nothing will play.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lydieth

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV support here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
admiralarcharch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't get Apple TV to work either. I have a Premier, Premier+, and a Roku TV. Three different TVs, 1080p Panasonic Plasma, Samsung 4k with fake HDR, and 4K TCL Roku TV with HDR. It doesn't work on three devices that I have uninstalled, factory reset, disabled HDR, disabled adaptive frame rate, blah blah blah. 

Never had Roku issues for the last 10years of using their products. Now since this 10.0 update everything is slower than molasses. Might pick up a Fire Stick now. 

jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I switched and the Fire Stick works GREAT!

I didn't need the added aggravation from using Roku.

Launlind

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

Similarly I set the Display to match my Samsung rather than auto detect.   That cleared up the playback issue. 

0 Kudos
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I wanted to add that my Roku Express+ is a 3710RW.   It says it’s compatible with Apple+  and it was for awhile but it’s not listed on the Apple+ site now.  The versions that are listed are not compatible with my older TV.  Does anyone know if it is temporary?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lyrlen wrote:

I wanted to add that my Roku Express+ is a 3710RW.   It says it’s compatible with Apple+  and it was for awhile but it’s not listed on the Apple+ site now.  The versions that are listed are not compatible with my older TV.  Does anyone know if it is temporary?

It was never supported on the 3710:

https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

Is my Roku device compatible?

Not all Roku streaming devices support the Apple TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About. The models below support the Apple TV channel.

Device Model

Roku TV 7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x 
 Roku Streambar™ 9102
 Roku Streambar Pro 9101R2
 Roku Smart Soundbar 9101
 onn.™ • Roku Smart Soundbar  9100
 Roku Express 3900, 3930
 Roku Express+ 3910, 3931
 Roku Express 4K 3900, 3940
 Roku Express 4K+ 3910, 3941
 Roku HD 3932
 Roku Streaming Stick 3600, 3800
 Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810, 3811
 Roku Premiere 3920, 4620
 Roku Premiere+ 3921, 4630
 Roku Ultra 4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800 
 Roku Ultra LT 4662
 Roku 2 4205, 4210
 Roku 3 4200, 4230
0 Kudos
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No it I know it worked because I watched it for 10 months on a Roku  3710RW with out an issue.  So don’t tell me it never worked!  I guess people who dont have HDMI connectors on their TVs aren’t worth the time

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lyrlen,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are trying to access Apple TV to your Roku Express 3710x.

Apple TV is available on selected Roku devices. Channels are developed and managed by the channel publishers and the channel will only show on the Roku device if the channel provider supports that Roku device. You'll want to contact that channel directly for more information about their service available on the Roku platform.

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos