Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mssandelee
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU constant commercials recently

It's maddening the way those commercials are on every break, WTF.

fontbots

I understand your frustration with the frequent commercials and promotions on ROKU, especially during free TV shows like the "Jamie Oliver Channel." While I don't have access to specific information about ROKU's advertising strategy or their plans for the future, I can provide some general insights.

Streaming platforms like ROKU often rely on advertising as a source of revenue to support the availability of free content. However, the frequency and duration of commercials can vary depending on various factors, including agreements with content providers and the platform's own advertising policies.

It's possible that ROKU is testing different ad formats or intensifying their advertising efforts temporarily. Companies often experiment with different approaches to find the right balance between user experience and generating revenue.

If you find the current level of interruptions disruptive and it's affecting your enjoyment of the content, you can consider exploring other streaming services that may have fewer commercials or offer ad-free options. There are several streaming platforms available, each with its own advertising and subscription models.

Keep in mind that customer feedback is valuable to companies like ROKU, and expressing your concerns directly to their customer support or through their official channels may provide them with insights into the user experience and help guide their decision-making.

Ultimately, the best way to understand ROKU's intentions and plans regarding advertising is to reach out to their customer support or monitor any official announcements they may make. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information regarding their advertising strategy and any potential changes in the future.also visit fontbots

0 Kudos
Margie8

I have memorized every commercial...they are played so much.  Can't you find something else to play.

Kaboy57
Reel Rookie

Did WE find a solution?

0 Kudos
mssandelee
Reel Rookie

So if I don't like the repetitive commercials I can go use another streaming service. Not a good answer. But as you can see it's a big problem with roku users.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Kaboy57 @mssandelee,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with commercials and ads. We understand that repetitive ads take out the fun of the streaming experience. We want to assure you that we are committed to following the proper standards with our commercials and ads to avoid offensive and inappropriate displays of content. We'll forward your comment to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Kaboy57
Reel Rookie

who is the guy that says "more to come" on the commercial 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kaboy57,

Thanks for following up!

Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel solely chooses the contents and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. That said, we recommend contacting the channel's support team to report the issue and for further help.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ken123go
Reel Rookie

Hi Chel,

So you’re saying, Roku offered them repetitive commercials to play for some sort of price break?  They are definitely not commercials promoting the individual channel but rather Roku channels.  Perhaps Roku should rethink that if it causes viewers to leave. 

As for contacting a channel’s support team, let’s take the Monty Don gardening channel for instance.  Do we contact the BBC or Monty Don directly?  Before the loud, intrusive and repetitive commercials, they had him giving tips on how to plant a tomato, and then a timer until it made it back to the program.  The planting tips had the general loudness level of the program, so it was not intrusive.  I’m not saying that other services don’t play loud commercials, I’m just saying that Roku could be better.  Great companies don’t pass the buck or make excuses, they do something about the problem!  

Thanks for your consideration.

Kaboy57
Reel Rookie

You are not understanding what is the best way to get through to you Stop the roku commercials, or loose people watching Roku..............