Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comfoosed

ROKU Users In the Philippines

Jump to solution

New Roku user here. Amazon Prime in the Philippines. It has been available for some time now on Smart TVs and android streaming boxes, how about Roku? Can't you and Amazon resolve this?Search, voice, etc. - activate these for your Phil. users.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU Users In the Philippines

Jump to solution

Hi @Comfoosed,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to stream Amazon Prime Videos on your Roku device as well as to enjoy other Roku features.

Please be advised that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact Amazon Prime Videos to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in the Philippines.

In addition: 

• Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico and the United States
  • The Roku mobile app is available in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

We hope to expand real soon, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just because Prime is available in the Philippines does not mean it's available on Roku devices. And Amazon is the one that controls where their apps are available, not Roku. If Amazon doesn't permit their apps to be used on Roku devices in a particular country, Roku cannot change those settings. Contact Amazon again and tell them you want their content on Roku devices. They are the only ones that can make the change. And don't let the person you talk to tell you it's available when it's not. They work off a script, and the script can be wrong. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Comfoosed,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to stream Amazon Prime Videos on your Roku device as well as to enjoy other Roku features.

Please be advised that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact Amazon Prime Videos to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in the Philippines.

In addition: 

• Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico and the United States
  • The Roku mobile app is available in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

We hope to expand real soon, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Comfoosed Roku has nothing to do with it. The channel provider has sole control over the locations their channel is available. Roku cannot override those settings. Since the Philippines is not an officially supported country for Roku, it's unlikely that Amazon (or any other provider) will grant access there.

To see the list of supported countries, simply go to the main Roku web site, scroll to the bottom, and you'll see a country name with a "change" link next to it. Click that link and a box appears that lists the countries that are supported by Roku. If your country is not listed there, you have no assurance that any channel on a Roku device will work.

Dan

zandrea
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Users time In Philippines

Jump to solution

Roku devices are widely used by consumers around the world, including in the Philippines. Roku is a popular streaming media player that allows users to access a variety of streaming services and channels on their television.

To use a Roku device time in 🇵🇭the Philippines, you would need to ensure that you have a stable internet connection. Roku requires an internet connection to stream content from various channels and services.

Here are the general steps to set up and use a Roku device in the Philippines: 

Power on your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup process. This typically involves connecting to your Wi-Fi network and creating or signing in to a Roku account.

Once the setup is complete, you can access the Roku home screen, which displays various streaming channels and services available.

To add channels, navigate to the Roku Channel Store on the device and browse the available options. You can find popular streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and more.

0 Kudos
Luwen

Jump to solution

Why cant we download Amazon prime on roku? We have a subscription in amazon prime then you dont want us to install it on our device? Rokus service in are out of this world. Thats why google chrome cast is way better that roku

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Luwen wrote:

Why cant we download Amazon prime on Roku? We have a subscription in amazon prime then you don't want us to install it on our device? 

That decision is made by Amazon, not Roku. But since Roku devices are not officially supported in The Philippines, it's unlikely Amazon will make it available there. Just because you can purchase a Roku device in a particular country doesn't mean it's actually supported there. Channels that are available world wide (such as YouTube) will work fine, but if a channel isn't made available in a particular country there's nothing Roku can do to change that. The channel provider is the only one who can change it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
charausej
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have reached out Prime Video support regarding this one and I was told that it is available in the Philippines. By. the way, I also have a Fire TV Stick and my Prime Video is working really fine. So this is not a Prime Video limitation but Roku.

If you are in PH and have a Prime Video subscription, better buy Fire TV Stick if Roku cannot fix this.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Just because Prime is available in the Philippines does not mean it's available on Roku devices. And Amazon is the one that controls where their apps are available, not Roku. If Amazon doesn't permit their apps to be used on Roku devices in a particular country, Roku cannot change those settings. Contact Amazon again and tell them you want their content on Roku devices. They are the only ones that can make the change. And don't let the person you talk to tell you it's available when it's not. They work off a script, and the script can be wrong. 

Dan

charausej
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime Video support iterated that it should be available in Ph for Roku. Who should be believe, Roku or Amazon?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Sorry, I don't believe the Amazon CS people. They generally only know what is on a script for them, and probably don't know the difference between a Roku, Shield, Fire TV, Apple TV, or any other streaming device. If their script says *it's available here" without any caveats, that's all they can say. But I generally find that these support people simply don't have correct information. And it's pretty much that way with any support staff for most types of products. It's not specific to streaming providers. As someone who has attempted to create a Roku channel/app myself (wasn't successful, but that's another story) I am aware of the settings the channel developer must configure for where their channel can be used. Roku cannot override the settings done by the developer. 

Dan