Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luism21
Reel Rookie

Puerto Rico FTA channels not loading some channels like Wapa

I’ve been using Puerto Rico FTA channels for awhile, but WAPA channel is not loading. I tried to restart, uninstall, reinstall and nothing. Please help.

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
Aygonzalez

Puerto Rico FTA channels not loading some channels like Wapa

I have the same issue. Wapa Tv does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PUERTO RICO FTA CHANNELS NOT LOADING SOME CHANNELS LIKE WAPA

Hey @luism21 @Aygonzalez 

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the WAPA channel not loading. Since you have attempted to troubleshoot the issue, make sure to restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart before adding the channel back to ensure the effectiveness of the troubleshooting.

For detailed instructions, refer to this support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues.

If the issue persists, it's best to contact the channel provider directly to inquire further and to address the issue. Most channels are maintained and developed by the channel providers themselves. 

All the best, 
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMC1
Binge Watcher

The problem persists.  Where can I find the channel provider information?  I downloaded the app through Roku, and the subscription is been paid through Roku as well.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VMC1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused due to a playback issue with the channel. Do you receive an error message or code? Have you tried to remove the channel to see if it helps? You can remove and reinstall the affected channel if you haven't tried it yet.

Restart your device before adding the channel again to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMC1
Binge Watcher

I followed the steps mentioned and I am still having the issue.  

The solution offered did not work.

Please provide another solution or the contact information for the Puerto Rico FTA Channels.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VMC1,

Thanks for following up!

We really do appreciate the attempts at this. We would suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and see what they can help you out regarding this.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMC1
Binge Watcher

This is the first time that I see a distributor of a service (who charges for the product directly to the consumer) state that they do not have contact information of the provider.  How is this possible?  Maybe I don't understand the provider - distributor agreements in the streaming industry.  

I tried to look for the Puerto Rico FTA Channels information and it takes me back to Roku.

Maybe someone in this message loop do have this information, anyone?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VMC1!

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It is important to keep in mind that we do not program any apps for our channel partners. They will most likely provide a variety of app bundles tailored to the platform, and the channel partner is solely responsible for the management of these apps.

Because there may be some instances in which the particular channel provider demands additional information or facts on the subscribers that we do not have access to, we recommend to our customers that they get in touch with the channel provider directly.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luism21
Reel Rookie

Does anyone know how to get ahold with the provider? I can’t find it anywhere 😔 no emails or info. Please help. I understand it isn’t Roku itself, but there must be a way. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.