Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acerjw

Problem reaching tv provider

For the Roku moderators claiming they don't have enough info to help. Here's what you need to know:

I'm using a Roku Ultra (2022 version) connected to my TCL TV (2020). This error occurs on EVERY Roku I own.

All NBC-affiliated apps (Bravo, E!, MSNBC, Telemundo, Syfy, USA) open fine on Roku but when trying to watch ANY show, we get the error: "Sorry! We're having some trouble...  We had a problem reaching your TV provider. Please try again. Error Code: CloudpathErrorAuthorizationNIP"

This is obviously an authentication problem between ANY NBC-affiliated app on Roku and the TV provider.

--Uninstalling the NBC-affiliated apps, then restarting Roku, then reinstalling the apps does NOT help.

--Unlinking then relinking (re-authenticating) with the Provider on the NBC-affiliated apps does NOT help.

--This problem is unique to NBC-affiliated apps on Roku. No other apps have this authentication issue. ABC, CBS, Fox, Discovery, etc. work as expected.

Roku and NBC need to work this glitch out. This is NOT just an NBC problem and is NOT a user error.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Problem reaching tv provider

@acerjw Who is the TV provider?  Does your TV provider carry your local NBC station?  

Hambus

Same issue. Any response? Is there a solution?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hambus,
Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NDHICKS

I have the same problem!!!!!!! 

NDHICKS

The detailed information is provided! Please address this problem rather than evading! 

0 Kudos
Bartor2

I have a similar issue. Every time I watch Bravo I must te-authenticate. I am able to watch one show then must re-authenticate again to watch a second show. I subscribe to YouTubetv. This clearly is an NBC/Roku coordination issue that needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bartor2,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern, and we would like to know more about how we can assist. Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Which specific streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos