Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ragnaroc05
Reel Rookie

Prime video randomly appears even when not installed on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

UPDATE:  I figured it out, it's not a Roku issue but an issue with my TV remote.  My remote has a button for Prime video and I keep the remote in the storage bin in the arm of my chair.  It appears that it gets randomly pushed, and hitting the back button on my roku remote makes it switch back to the Roku input.

I started noticing, especially when getting up from my chair, that Prime video will go to the log on screen even though I'm not in the app.  I had assumed that I was hitting the button on the remote, but my remote doesn't have a button for Prime video.  It kept happening so I deleted the app from my Roku box since I don't have Prime video anymore but I still have the same issue.  When I hit the back button on the remote it puts me right back to what I was watching or the selection screen I was on.  

I can't seem to find any information as to why this is going on so I'm hoping someone else can tell me whats going on.  This just started about three days ago.  My remote battery low warning did come on the screen but I can't imagine that would load to a log in screen and not an actual app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Prime video randomly appears even when not installed on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

My first guess would be some other remote has slipped down in the cushions and when set off, it produces an IR code that is close enough to the Amazon button on a Roku remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My first guess would be some other remote has slipped down in the cushions and when set off, it produces an IR code that is close enough to the Amazon button on a Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Ragnaroc05
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I only have two remotes on different floors of the house. The one upstairs is on a desk. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.