Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BikeGuyMike
Reel Rookie

Prime movie subtitles stuck in Spanish

Using a Hisense Roku TV from ~2018 or so (no voice remote capabilities), watching a movie through amazon prime app with mostly English & some German dialogue. Captioning is ON and all Language setting are set on English. Nevertheless the subtitles are stuck on Spanish, but we need them to be in English. We are in Toronto Canada, so the prime app is Canadian. Honestly, I think we went through all the possibilities and "fixes" with no success. Reset the TV multiple times. Unplugged it. Checked for downloaded updated software, logged out of Prime multiple times, used a different profile, and of course we checked and rechecked and toggled between on and off and alternate languages and everything else we could think to try. Still, when we bring the movie up and play it (yes, we restated it multiple times) the subtitles are always in Spanish. WtH?!?! Any thoughts, suggestions advice, instructions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime movie subtitles stuck in Spanish

It probably has nothing to do with Roku and everything to do with Prime.  If their video is screwed up there's no setting you can change to fix it.  You might want to give the name of the movie so that someone else with Prime can see if they get the same results. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BikeGuyMike
Reel Rookie

The movie title is Bridge Too Far, showing on Amazon Prime in Canada. 

I should have included that in my original description of the problem. Thank you.

0 Kudos
BikeGuyMike
Reel Rookie

Actually, full correct title is:

A Bridge Too Far 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @BikeGuyMike.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for notifying us about the available closed captions you've observed when streaming through the Prime Video app on your Hisense Roku TV. We'd be happy to provide further information about this and help you contact the right support. 

Please be informed that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider which in this case Prime Video.

With regards to the closed captioning language availability inside their app, we highly recommend reaching out to their Support team for further assistance as we don't have access to their running interface. 

You may reach them here: Prime Video Support

We hope it will get sorted out soon so you can continue streaming at your convenience. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.