Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zipdog
Reel Rookie

Pluto app will not open after I installed T-Mobile Tuesdays benefit on two separate Roku devices

After I redeemed and installed T-Mobile's "Free hit movies and exclusive viewing experiences" benefit found on T-Mobile Tuesdays, neither Pluto app on two separate Roku devices will open.  ????  I have deleted and reinstalled the apps, updated Roku, restarted the Roku app, etc., etc. to no avail.  My Pluto account works perfectly on other platforms:  Android phone, Mac, Windows PC, etc.  The issue is limited to the Roku TV apps on two Samsung TV's.  Sheesh!  

I had installed the T-Mobile Tuesdays update for the Pluto Roku app late one night; and, the T-Mobile "benefit" worked perfectly:  free movies, on demand, with no commercial interruptions...just as T-Mobile promised.  The next morning (and, henceforth) the Pluto apps start and immediately crash and close.  

Any ideas for a solution?  Thank you very much.  --Don in Amarillo

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Pluto app will not open after I installed T-Mobile Tuesdays benefit on two separate Roku devices

Hi @zipdog

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Pluto TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto app will not open after I installed T-Mobile Tuesdays benefit on two separate Roku devices

I'm having the same issue, I've even tried a factory reset which did nothing. Same issue. Happened after I applied the T-Mobile Tuesday offer. My neighbor has Roku with out T-Mobile and hers works fine.

zipdog
Reel Rookie

Thanks, Gerald.  I have tried every trick in the book!  Nothing works.  I believe the issue is on their end.  Some conflict with Roku code and T-Mobile’s.  All I can do is wait, now.  😎

0 Kudos
GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

FYI, I contacted Pluto about the issue and they said they are aware of the issue and are working to resolving it.

0 Kudos
zipdog
Reel Rookie

I finally used the "nuclear option"...setting my Roku devices to factory settings.  Now, all three Roku devices run Pluto just fine.  It was a pain in the rear; but, the time was well worth the effort.  Everything now works...including PlutoTV.  

0 Kudos