Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Jump to solution

Hello! @marcangela,

A heartfelt welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Use photo streams to personalize your Roku experience and start sharing special moments with loved ones in different locations. Simply upload photos to your Roku account, set up the screensaver on your Roku streaming device, and enjoy a custom slideshow on the biggest screen in your home. Get ready to show off your family's favorite shots at your next home gathering, or invite extended family and friends to upload their photos and create a collaborative screensaver with everyone's favorite memories.

For more detailed information about the photo stream feature, visit our support page here: How to use photo streams on your Roku streaming device

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yoloswag

Jump to solution

my tv also does this and it is very frustrating, it only plays the same 20 pictures that are uploaded over and over when over 200 are in the album.

0 Kudos
awhitem1

Jump to solution

It's so maddening. Everyone clearly has this issue. It's clearly a coding issue that can probably be fixed relatively easily. Yet Roku's software engineers either don't care or have other priorities, so we're stuck with the same useless outsourced support and a **bleep** product. 

0 Kudos
Westwick99

Jump to solution

I have a few THOUSAND photos in different streaming folders yet I have the same problem with my Streambar. It makes me think I have been wasting my time putting up all these photos. Maybe I need to get a dedicated photoframe or some other device that will show ALL the photos.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Westwick99,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart. (Once you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) Once your player starts up again, add the channel once more.

Additionally, during a slideshow, each photo appears for 10 seconds, and the stream loops in a random order. You can see more here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandma78633
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have discovered after the last posting that if I use "Browse Photos / Slide Show INSTEAD of Screen Saver - - the effect is the same but it seems to show many more photos.  One would think that these would do the same thing, but apparently not.  Screen Saver appears to get stuck on the same 20 or so photos whereas the Browse Photos/Slide Show seems to go through many more (I have not been able to figure out if it is ALL) photos.

I hope the Roku Support folks can explain the difference to us!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Grandma78633,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning about the difference between Screensaver and Slide Show. Please be advised that a screensaver is the graphic or pictures that become visible when the Roku device or your TV has been left untouched for some time. The transition could be a little slower, and fewer pictures are shown. On the other hand, a slideshow is a presentation of a series of still images (slides) on your TV, typically in a prearranged sequence. The changes may be automatic and made at regular intervals, or they may be manually controlled by the presenter or the viewer. More photos are shown in this feature.

We hope we assisted you with your inquiry. Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pcbhosp

Jump to solution

Very frustrating. I bought an extra Roku stick expressly for creating a slide show to run on the TV in my Dad's room at a nursing facility. Spent hours uploading pictures and hours changing settings and disconnecting and setting up again. Same problem with only some of the pictures showing and only the ones most recently uploaded. There also seems to be no way to reorganize the photos in the stream to at least pull the better ones to the front if it is just going to repeat. Now I see that this has been an ongoing problem and no real solution or adjustment has been made. 

0 Kudos
Grandma78633
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Does the TV have a USB port?  I am beginning to think loading photos onto a USB stick and playing them directly as a slide show may be a better way to go since we cannot get ROKU to truly "shuffle" the photos and show all.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @pcbhosp!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, kindly make sure to visit the official Roku Photo Streams website and make sure to check the box on the uploaded photos there. Furthermore, here's our official Support article to learn more about How to use Photo Streams on your Roku streaming device. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos