Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Jump to solution

Hi @C3J3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenK1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No resolution of the issue yet. The suggestion given by the tech does not work. 

JenK1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why would you need more information? Read from the start of the message stream. Roku's My Photos feature does not show all the photos uploaded into a single album that has more than 25 pics for [apparently] any user. The feature shows the first 20-25 and loops those without going into other photos that users have taken the time to place in the same folder. The feature simply does not work past the first group of photos downloaded into the feature up to 25. Seems like a rather simple coding issue on your end that simply has not been resolved when you expanded the feature to accommodate more pics per album. So it lets us upload more pics but the TVs simply can't display them. We can switch to another album, but all photos in an album of over 25 pics are not viewable from the TV, only the webpage.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JenK1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you've encountered some trouble with Photostream. Have you tried to upload the photos on a different browser or through the Roku mobile app to see if all of them are uploaded? If not, we recommend doing this to see if you notice any difference.

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcgee13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly!! So tired of all the suggested “solutions@ when it is clearly a coding issue!

abwman

Jump to solution

Same problem here. The last uploaded photos are shown and re-shown. In my case there are 31 photos shown and then repeated at of a total of 500 uploaded. There is no random showing of uploaded photos as you say there should be. Please fix your system to get it right or remove the app.

brownala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TRY THIS:

1. Open the Roku Photo Streams app/channel on Roku

2, Highlight the first photo in the stream

3. Click the left-pointing arrow on the remote; a "See All" option appears to the left of the first photo

4, Click See All to open the entire stream

5. Start clicking the down-pointing arrow on the remote until all photos in the stream load/are visible

6. Exit the Roku app

After I did this, when the screensaver automatically started, there were 100 photos in the loop instead of just 30. I exited Roku for a while, and when I came back there were still 100 photos in the loop, but they were different photos (I have over 500 in my stream). I don't know if I'll have to "reload" the entire stream on the app in the future, but it really helped our screensaver experience. It takes about 30 minutes for the 100 photos to cycle through.

I don't know how you might reverse the order of the pictures or get them not to shuffle. 

Good luck!

Marie7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello Brownala,

I thank you for your answer. I just tried to take the steps you described in your response but to no avail. I am stuck at step #3: after highlighting the first picture, I clicked on all the left pointing-arrow available on my remote but there was no option that popped up unfortunately.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
brownala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you scroll through the photos from left to right? You can get to the See All option by scrolling to the end of the photos. 

I'm trying to attach a photo of what the screen I'm talking about looks like. Not sure if it will work!

Roku Photo Streams App

0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello Brownala,

Thank you for your reply. I am not able to see the screenshot you tried to attach to your answer.

I uploaded more pictures in my stream in case that was the issue because I had only two previously then I scrolled to the left (or to the right for that matter) but it just showed my pictures in a loop (there is no option that pops up either).

0 Kudos